Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Way to go Red Sox
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Meredith
Haha, I wish! I guess the 3Com company went bust. The stadium is now named for the monster.com folks. Doesn't really matter to me, I still call it Candlestick... smile.gif

Mer
Thorshammer
I am late getting in on this thread, been celebrating!

Living just South of Boston 25 miles (BUrbs) I have relished every single swing of the bat, pitch from the mound and point to the sky. Due to ticket prices, I am only able to attend 1 game a year. Heh, it cuts into the race car fund.

Here's what I have'nt relished. College kids saying "I've been waiting for this my whole life"? Sure buddy! You were'nt alive in 67, were 2 in 86 when Buckner missed the ball, last year in Game seven, you were out on the street to cause mayhem before the 7th inning even started and now you get to see them win. You make me puke.

Some people just use any excuse to act like idiots. These people you see after the games filling the streets and tearing down signs and lights and trees are primarily students that think the anonimity of the night allows them to do what ever they want. Some think it is release from responsibility of one's own actions. But as they arrest them from the video tape taken, they can explain to their parents why they acted like Jack A__es. Most true fans (and players) are embarassed by this type of behavior, and god knows some of the cops are not ready to deal with the situation. We had one young woman die tragically after being hit with a (supposedly) non lethel pepper bullet. 1 death is too many for a sports celebration, and the ones to blame are the few that spoil the celebration for real fans. Some people don't really think about what they will do or cause, only themselves, I wonder what the kid that first started climbing the Fenway Park structure and the many that followed his lead feel. As I see it, they are guilty and responsible for that yound womans death. So when you celebrate, do it like you drink, responsibly. And While I am on my soapbox, teach your kids to do the same. Soapbox dismounted!

So I tell you this, make shua you drive youa cah wicked haad, cause dats da way 9 foteens like to be driven.

Erik Madsen The not so proper Bostonian.

Post Script:

This texan is visiting Boston for his first time, after he gets through the gaggle at Logan Airport, he asks a Middle aged Bostonian "Scuse me partner, where's a good place to stop and eat at?". The proper Bostonian says" I suggest Sir, directly before the AT!" The Texan says " I don't quite understand?" The Bostonian replies, "It is not proper English to end a sentence with a preposition" Not wanting to be out done, the Texan said " Fair Enough" " Where is a good place to stop and eat at Ass_ole!"

Needed to lighten up my ranting with a joke.
Thought you would like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.