Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Long day, I am off to bed
skline
post Oct 28 2004, 01:55 AM
Post #1

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Got up early and started working and worked all day. Took a few breaks here and there but got most everything done. Just finished adding all the users from a large medical group to their new Exchange server and creating groups and setting permissions. Its not hard work, just tedious. I am off to bed finally only to get up early again tomorrow and do it all over again. Hope you all have a great night and a good day tomorrow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Howard
post Oct 28 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #2

Incontin(g)ent Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 943
Region Association: None

good night, sweetie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Oct 28 2004, 06:26 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

I feel yer pain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

My last 2 or 3 weeks looked like this:
go to the office in the morning (no too early though), work all day till 18.00
go home, have dinner with wife & daughter, put daughter to bed, sit and relax for 5 mins
back to the office, where I do some more work. If I'm lucky, I'm home at midnight, but more likely it'll be 02.00 in the morning, with an occasional 03.00 or 05.00 (say once or twice a week)
saturday, I have a day off to do some family stuff
sunday, back to the office and work 'till 18.00, go home for dinner and wait for monday and do it again....

right now, I'm at the point that I have to check my calendar to know what day it is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

just a couple of more days, and then it'll be back to "normal" busy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Oct 28 2004, 07:05 AM
Post #4

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209

You're killing yourself for a better life, lol.

I get up at 7:30-8 am; go on the computer for a while and have breakfast; head to the shop around 10; lunch at 12 to 12:30 or 1; work/play to 5 (I hate it when the phone rings and interrupts my silence); then head home to fix supper. After that my time is mine to do with as I please - race car, tv, internet, whatever I feel like.
Actually, my time all day is mine to do with as I please. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Now get back to work!
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Oct 28 2004, 07:10 AM
Post #5

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I was supposed to be "ON VACATION" this week in Sodona Arizona but my 13 y/o Corgi took sick. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Had to put him in the hospital for a few days so the trip had to be canceled. He's OK now so I took Wednesday off & played 27 holes of Golf at Heron Lakes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Now it's back to normal everyday stuff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

.....b
+Quote Post
Mrs. K
post Oct 28 2004, 09:03 AM
Post #6

Grieve we must, but celebrate a great life!

Group: Birthday Fairy
Member No.: 2,166

I hear ya guys.....up at 4:30 am....work in the
hospital till about 1500 then pick up kids from school
then work the volleyball games helping with the fund raising..
then get dinner for everyone...then clean up the house.... and then....all over again!
Reminds me of that Beatles song "It's just another day"!
At least I am off today...from the hospital that is! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Lisa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Oct 28 2004, 09:13 AM
Post #7

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

Umm, don't hate me. Up at 6am, when the 3yr old wakes up help get him ready to go to Nana's (only 3 times a week). Take him to Nana's, come home eat breakfast then comes that long 14 step comute to work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (work from home), answer phone, do reports, schedule jobs, quit at 4pmish, start dinner, pick up son and have the rest of the night with my wife & son. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

My wife works three days a week, so on her off days she takes the boy to the park, play groups and such. Nights & most weekends it's Dad time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Life is good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

PS. I am on call 24x7x365
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Oct 28 2004, 03:07 PM
Post #8

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Ah, I wish I was so lucky. 04:30 get up and be at bus stop at 04:40. Get to work at 06:34, surf 914world.com most of day. Fix some computer gargage, go home around 14:45 (grab buss). Wife gets off at 16:00, she picks me up at a park and ride close to her work. We carpool together the rest of the way home. Home by 17:00, dinner, play with cats(2), tinker on the 914, yard etc...

We both have the weekends off (usually) so the weekends are our play time. I have a son from a previous marriage (Ryan, 11 now). We get him every weekend. So weekends are fun.

It's a living. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 10:00 AM