Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pariah
Larmo63
post Jul 5 2019, 10:28 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(preach @ Jul 5 2019, 06:48 PM) *

@Larmo63
and his 50 year post:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=338999

I don't know if I should thank him or tell him F-you, but the only reason I put power to it today was because of that post.

I can have a relatively safe vehicle and pass NH inspection with some work before next year. I may not be reliable nor pretty but I would run and drive for the 50th.

Leper Pariah. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

YES!!!!!! One more 914 hits the road soon!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
preach
post Jul 6 2019, 04:38 AM
Post #42

Ridge Runner

Member No.: 11,513
Region Association: North East States

After my excited post I found:

Rear parking lights are not from blinkers but from ignition on.
No horn.
No starter.

Brake, generator, turn signal lights on gauges all the time.

Today/tomorrow I will try to turn the motor over by hand.

Heading out of town for vacation next weekend so time is limited as usual.
+Quote Post
preach
post Jul 28 2019, 05:00 PM
Post #43

Ridge Runner

Member No.: 11,513
Region Association: North East States

Got back from 2 weeks gallivanting around the East Coast at about 2pm today. Headed straight for the shop.

Finally put the rear end in the 914 Position: up on jack stands. Local tire guy is going to save me 2 small 15" take off tires to put on my steel rims so I will have a roller. Current tires do not hold air. I like the $0 price.

12 year old oil changed with a new filter. Very loose and smelled of fuel. That cannot be great.

Pulled the spark plugs and they are dirty but looks like it ran well on it's single 2bbl. Hosed a little WD in there.

Tried 8 different sockets on the center of the fan, then looked at the Haynes. Cover not a bolt... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Found the alt is a 22mm hex but had no wrench for it and the socket/ratchet would not fit. Said "F-it" and used an adjustable...it moved easy. Pulled the cap off and the rotor was moving too. Could not get much movement as I got sick of the adjustable really fast. Probably will buy a ratcheting set of bigger sizes really soon.

Plan is to get the roller tires on and roll it out so I can try to start it. We'll see...

50th Anniversary or Breakdown Tryin!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:56 PM