Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> windscreen/windshield, removal
gazzar
post Oct 1 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,093
Region Association: England

hi guys,

has anyone got any tips for getting the windscreen out without breaking it ? - and then what will i need to put it back in (1975 1.8) as i have got some rust to deal with. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Oct 2 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

Pull all the trim .
Use a very thin peace of wire .
Feed it between the rubber gooyyy stuff that seals the shield .very carefully push it threw to wear u can grab it on the out side .slowly pull it up and around the windshield fraim . Work it all the way around . Slowly ! Be extra carefullll .no do overs. No mulaginnn s . Now get two friends . One guy inside . To break the seal and push her out ,wile the two guys outside slowly lift her out .
Have apace ready tp put the shield.

Best to use a pare of ply ers to hold the wire as u work it around the shield. Pull the targa top , it will make it much easier . Also when u pull the wire across the bottom of the windshield , have a friend help work it across .one guy inside the car.
Slow ! Slow ..

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
gazzar
post Oct 3 2012, 10:41 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(901 @ Oct 2 2012, 09:54 PM) *

Pull all the trim .
Use a very thin peace of wire .
Feed it between the rubber gooyyy stuff that seals the shield .very carefully push it threw to wear u can grab it on the out side .slowly pull it up and around the windshield fraim . Work it all the way around . Slowly ! Be extra carefullll .no do overs. No mulaginnn s . Now get two friends . One guy inside . To break the seal and push her out ,wile the two guys outside slowly lift her out .
Have apace ready tp put the shield.

Best to use a pare of ply ers to hold the wire as u work it around the shield. Pull the targa top , it will make it much easier . Also when u pull the wire across the bottom of the windshield , have a friend help work it across .one guy inside the car.
Slow ! Slow ..

thanks 901- how is the trim held in place ?
and what is the gooey stuff called to stick it back in after ive sorted out the rust - if i don't drop the screen !
+Quote Post
post Oct 3 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

Comes in tape rolls
Call your local Porsche dealer
The window guys have this stuff that works well , way cheaper. Use the low priced tube stuff , it works just as good.
Part number 477898o11a
924 part number
175.00 a roll
From dealer
Ow eeeee!
When I reinstalled my windshield. Yeah right , I just had the local car windshield guy do my car. I used a rubber seal on the out side of the car .
The stock trim has lill clips under the trim peace . U will see them when u pull the trim . Pulling it it very hard without damage . So be carefull.
I used a peace of rubber the same size. As the stock trim , it weathers way better . Looks low key , and better . 911 style . Ing I like it cuz it dose not scratch .

+Quote Post
gazzar
post Oct 4 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(901 @ Oct 4 2012, 12:20 AM) *

Comes in tape rolls
The window guys have this stuff that works well , way cheaper. Use the low priced tube stuff , it works just as good.
Part number 477898o11a
924 part number
175.00 a roll
From dealer
Ow eeeee!
When I reinstalled my windshield. Yeah right , I just had the local car windshield guy do my car. I used a rubber seal on the out side of the car .
The stock trim has lill clips under the trim peace . U will see them when u pull the trim . Pulling it it very hard without damage . So be carefull.
I used a peace of rubber the same size. As the stock trim , it weathers way better . Looks low key , and better . 911 style . Ing I like it cuz it dose not scratch .

thanks mate i feel a lot more confident pulling out my screen now,
+Quote Post
post Oct 4 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #6

Unregistered

QUOTE(gazzar @ Oct 4 2012, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(901 @ Oct 4 2012, 12:20 AM) *

Comes in tape rolls
Part number 477898o11a
924 part number
175.00 a roll
From dealer
Ow eeeee!

thanks mate i feel a lot more confident pulling out my screen now,

Cheers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:21 AM