Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If ya gotta buy British...., Don't drool on the leather.
Katmanken
post Oct 30 2004, 09:23 AM
Post #21

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Group: Members
Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Gawd,

I 've always loved those things....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Worked with an optical physicist who was a Jag nut.
He had a 1967 6 XKE coupe and a 1973 12 XKE Coupe.

He called the 1967 his "ladies car" and his 1973 "a brute"

Seems that if you park them side by side, the 12 cylinder version has flared fenders and enormous tires. Hard to keep the 12 from spinning the tires tho.

Dis guy fixed them up and used to get high 90's in the concours weenie shows. He sewed leather, did immaculate bodywork and fixed everything. Taught me a lot.

His real prize was an XK150. Bought it from a guy who had started restoring the car, had bought all new everythings, and had picked up all the small parts on business trips to England. He got a primered chassis awaiting paint, restored wire wheels, all interior and body parts, an engine in parts with all work done, all of the car parts in marked bags, and a photo album of the dissassembly/restoration process. It was a complete kit...

Price? When Don showed up in his immaculate black XKE 12, The PO realized this was the guy he wanted to finish his baby. Don got it for $1500 and the guy trucked it to his house..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I need a deal like that!!! Anybody like my work? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ken
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Oct 30 2004, 09:33 AM
Post #22

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

.......way, way back in '73 I worked for British Motor Car in downtown Portland. Was in the detail dept. When the cars were delivered off the ships a bunch of us "had" to go get them off the docks. The drive was about 8 miles or so back to the sales building and there were some nice twisties in between. I always ran for the XKE's, Lotus' and an occasional TR6. I was in HOG HEAVEN (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

.....b
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Oct 30 2004, 09:39 AM
Post #23

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984
Region Association: None

I love my MGA.... but that is a different class altogether. Definite stiffy here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post Oct 30 2004, 04:51 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 506

You can tell its British in the second picture where its got the cardboard under the rear punkin. (they don't have a Transaxle in them do they?)

They are dead sexy ain't they. I always turn and look when a properly kept up old Jag rolls by.
+Quote Post
Brad Smith
post Oct 30 2004, 09:19 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 3,029

QUOTE(Eddie Williams @ Oct 29 2004, 06:37 PM)
All XKs are beautiful. Here is my Dad's best friend in High School's XK150. Remember the movie Cruel Intentions? Sarah Michelle Gellar was willing to take it in the a$$ for the black 140 in that movie! Hmm classic Jag or a chance to hit her in the shitter.... hmm... I'm so confused...

http://www.jag-lovers.org/xk-lovers/gifs/1...150_licata.html

I'm not confused. I'd take the car- those go 0 to BJ in about 2.3 seconds. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Oh... hi eveyone. How's that for a first post? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
scruz914
post Nov 11 2004, 01:54 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,724

I had to check on the final price. $57,100! Friend said it would go close to $60k. He wasn't too far off.

And now back to our 914s.....
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 02:30 AM