Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> WTB: 914 for autox/de/fun, Northeast area
yarin
post May 14 2003, 01:25 AM
Post #1

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

Hey everyone,

A few months ago something sparked an interest in 914s. Ever since i've been doing a lot of reading and browsing on the web about anything and everything 914 related. I've gathered up enough money to buy my first 914. The obivious problem is finding one. I'm an avid autocrosser in the NNJR and MetroNY region so i've spoken with several owners. I got a chance to drive a fairly stock '73 2.0... it was like nothing i've ever experienced. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Basic suspension work and sticky tires can easily glue your passenger's face to the side window. I loved it.

I'm basically looking for a 2.0 in good condition, little rust.. etc etc. Ideally someone who has converted the car(2.7-3.6L), started a restoration, getting out of the racing scene, etc. Price range in under $5k. Upgraded suspension, brakes, body work and engine would be nice but not required. My brother and I maintain his '89 951(Adrial from Rennlist) so labor costs should be close to nothing. I've got some time on my hand being that I'm set to graduate from Rutgers in a week (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) I've completed about 16 autocrosses over the past year and one DE(Pocono south) to date. Since summer is here I feel it is the best time to enjoy a 914.

So if anyone knows of a car that might interest me please reply or send me an email, yarin@eden.rutgers.edu . Any common tips and pointers would be most appreciated. I look forward to joining your community. --Yarin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:54 PM