Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Engine Dilemma, 2.0 L
jrrhdmust
post Oct 8 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,668
Region Association: None

So I have this engine dilemma, and wanted to see what you all thought. When I bought my "project" it came with 2 engines and transmissions. Both of them are supposed to be 1974 engines. Both tranmissions are side shift. So I plan on modifying the 1.8L since that is the original engine to the car I have.

The guy stored the 2.0L under a tarp, when I picked it up. So I was thinking for good measure I should pull it apart and see what is going on with it, so that I can provide an accurate description. Should I also rebuild it while I am in it, or just get a general idea of the serviceability?

Thanks,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Oct 8 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #2

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(jrrhdmust @ Oct 8 2012, 06:54 PM) *

So I have this engine dilemma, and wanted to see what you all thought. When I bought my "project" it came with 2 engines and transmissions. Both of them are supposed to be 1974 engines. Both tranmissions are side shift. So I plan on modifying the 1.8L since that is the original engine to the car I have.

The guy stored the 2.0L under a tarp, when I picked it up. So I was thinking for good measure I should pull it apart and see what is going on with it, so that I can provide an accurate description. Should I also rebuild it while I am in it, or just get a general idea of the serviceability?

Thanks,

Get the car on the road with the 1.8.
Build the 2.0 into a 2056cc engine. (96mm Pistons and Cylinders, bottom end can stay stock - though I would want to see the bearings, etc...)
The difference between a new 2056 and a used 1.8 is eye opening. 2056 is about as big as you can go and stay with the DJet injection.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 10:19 PM