Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Dilemma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrrhdmust
So I have this engine dilemma, and wanted to see what you all thought. When I bought my "project" it came with 2 engines and transmissions. Both of them are supposed to be 1974 engines. Both tranmissions are side shift. So I plan on modifying the 1.8L since that is the original engine to the car I have.

The guy stored the 2.0L under a tarp, when I picked it up. So I was thinking for good measure I should pull it apart and see what is going on with it, so that I can provide an accurate description. Should I also rebuild it while I am in it, or just get a general idea of the serviceability?

Thanks,
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jrrhdmust @ Oct 8 2012, 06:54 PM) *

So I have this engine dilemma, and wanted to see what you all thought. When I bought my "project" it came with 2 engines and transmissions. Both of them are supposed to be 1974 engines. Both tranmissions are side shift. So I plan on modifying the 1.8L since that is the original engine to the car I have.

The guy stored the 2.0L under a tarp, when I picked it up. So I was thinking for good measure I should pull it apart and see what is going on with it, so that I can provide an accurate description. Should I also rebuild it while I am in it, or just get a general idea of the serviceability?

Thanks,

Get the car on the road with the 1.8.
Build the 2.0 into a 2056cc engine. (96mm Pistons and Cylinders, bottom end can stay stock - though I would want to see the bearings, etc...)
The difference between a new 2056 and a used 1.8 is eye opening. 2056 is about as big as you can go and stay with the DJet injection.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.