Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rpm vrs speed question, not the normal one
scotty914
post Nov 1 2004, 01:57 AM
Post #1

suby torque rules

Group: Members
Member No.: 924

ok i cant seem to find it :

does any body know what 5 th gear and 7 k rpm will be, with stock tranny and tire size

IIRC my car at 5200 rpm is doing about 105 indicated but that were it decides it wont go faster ( roof off ), and when i get the 2.5 suby going i think it should have the power to redline in 5 th. not that will ever do this more than once just to confim speedo readings (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

thanks

scott t
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Nov 1 2004, 10:05 AM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Do it yourself on the net:

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm

With a 25.4" rolling diameter, 4.43 final drive with an 0.71 overdrive (results in a 3.145 final) @ 7000 rpm you would be doing 168.256 MPH -
+Quote Post
Demick
post Nov 1 2004, 10:12 AM
Post #3

Ernie made me do it!

Member No.: 257

Of course, this all assumes that your tach and/or speedo are accurate. And if you have stock gauges - neither is very accurate. Most tach's read high. Most speedo's read as much as 10% high even with stock gearing and tire size.

Demick
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Nov 1 2004, 03:46 PM
Post #4

suby torque rules

well my tach has always been with in 1 or 2 hundred rpm and my speedo is dead on while crusing ( gps ) but whats funny is an all out sprint to max speed my speedo gets wonky... at sixty it says 75 at 75 it says 90, but as soon as i stop gaining in speed it drops back to accurate

168 mph i dont think 175 hp will push it that fast but maybe a good 140 which is plenty fast for a street driver

thanks

scott t
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Nov 1 2004, 04:20 PM
Post #5

Not another one!

Member No.: 1,743

at sixty it says 75 at 75 it says 90, but as soon as i stop gaining in speed it drops back to accurate

Wonky speedo cable. If it bounces below, say, 20mph, and always wavers a bit, it's definitely the cable.
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Nov 1 2004, 05:21 PM
Post #6

suby torque rules

nope new cable i think it is weak return spring in the speedo, but i own a gps so who cares it lets me take people out and make em think 0 to 60 in 5 seconds, which is more like 0 to 40.... well in a year and a half hasent been faster than 1 mile an hour

scott t
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Nov 1 2004, 06:31 PM
Post #7

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

OH BTW, if you are going to try for 168, oh hell for that matter 140 in a 914, buy lots of life insurance and name me a benefactor (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Nov 1 2004, 06:44 PM
Post #8

suby torque rules

ok slits i will get an insurance policy and remake my will to pay to you but one warning i have more depts than property...

honestly i will take it out once to see what it can do but i will be smart about it, i will do 5 mph increases then slow 20 then back up again to 5 mph more just to be able to keep an idea of what she does off throttle before i go faster, and at any point where i think it is too loose, tight, swarvy or thing not solid i will call that max

also there is a post (some where )where people talk about how fast they have gone and several have done the 140 to 150 numbers

scott t
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:14 PM