Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> window mechanism, early window mechanism
cal914
post Oct 23 2012, 12:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,366
Region Association: None

i have a 1970 914.when i tryed to do the window up it wouldn't move ,itook of the door panel and found what looks like a white button and a bit of small metal in the bottom of the door.i think the white button thing went into the slider thing on the bottom the glass and the bit of metal into the piece of channel that comes from the winder hope some can explain it to me thanks brian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
SirAndy
post Oct 23 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(cal914 @ Oct 23 2012, 11:45 AM) *

i have a 1970 914.when i tryed to do the window up it wouldn't move ,itook of the door panel and found what looks like a white button and a bit of small metal in the bottom of the door.i think the white button thing went into the slider thing on the bottom the glass and the bit of metal into the piece of channel that comes from the winder hope some can explain it to me thanks brian

If the white knob came off, you're basically out of luck. It goes onto a metal "hook" that is part of the metal wire that is pulled through a channel thus moving the window.

I have tried (and failed) to reattached said knob to the metal part, but never found a permanent solution that worked.
I ended up replacing the channel, wire and knob with know to be good parts.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

PS: Some basic punctuation would really improve the readability of your post.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:41 PM