Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: window mechanism
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
i have a 1970 914.when i tryed to do the window up it wouldn't move ,itook of the door panel and found what looks like a white button and a bit of small metal in the bottom of the door.i think the white button thing went into the slider thing on the bottom the glass and the bit of metal into the piece of channel that comes from the winder hope some can explain it to me thanks brian
SirAndy
QUOTE(cal914 @ Oct 23 2012, 11:45 AM) *

i have a 1970 914.when i tryed to do the window up it wouldn't move ,itook of the door panel and found what looks like a white button and a bit of small metal in the bottom of the door.i think the white button thing went into the slider thing on the bottom the glass and the bit of metal into the piece of channel that comes from the winder hope some can explain it to me thanks brian

If the white knob came off, you're basically out of luck. It goes onto a metal "hook" that is part of the metal wire that is pulled through a channel thus moving the window.

I have tried (and failed) to reattached said knob to the metal part, but never found a permanent solution that worked.
I ended up replacing the channel, wire and knob with know to be good parts.

popcorn[1].gif

PS: Some basic punctuation would really improve the readability of your post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.