Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cheesehead Flat head Screws and Washer question
Steve73
post Oct 26 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #1

Photographer/Shade Tree Mechanic

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,269
Region Association: South East States

Hi,

I just ran my old screws for my engine tin through a die and cleaned them up. I'm sure it better to use them than hardware screw for originality but what about the original washers, they are near impossible to clean and many are badly pitted and warped. Can I get exact replacements from my Loca Ace Hardware or is that heresy.

Wanted to ask before I started buttoning everything back up.

BTW where can one get a good Flathead screwdriver for cheese head screws. I've found that my impact hammer bit works perfectly, but what is everyone else using?

Stephen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bob L.
post Oct 27 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,411
Region Association: Southwest Region

There are some members/vendors who sell new replacement hardware. Check the vendor section. At least one of the major (unmentionable) 914 parts suppliers has them too. I got a set, nice and shiny. I do think they don't put enough in the set to replace all of them. IIRC the set I got could use about 5-7 more pieces to be fully complete for tins and air shroud. Don't assume any "kit" will be everything you need.

It takes a pretty beefy screwdriver to fill the slot and not want to slip out. Ones with grooves across the faces(both sides) of the flat head grip even better. Sears has good ones.
+Quote Post
A&PGirl
post Oct 27 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,367
Region Association: None

Sent you a PM.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 12:32 PM