Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheesehead Flat head Screws and Washer question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Steve73
Hi,

I just ran my old screws for my engine tin through a die and cleaned them up. I'm sure it better to use them than hardware screw for originality but what about the original washers, they are near impossible to clean and many are badly pitted and warped. Can I get exact replacements from my Loca Ace Hardware or is that heresy.

Wanted to ask before I started buttoning everything back up.

BTW where can one get a good Flathead screwdriver for cheese head screws. I've found that my impact hammer bit works perfectly, but what is everyone else using?

Stephen
Bob L.
There are some members/vendors who sell new replacement hardware. Check the vendor section. At least one of the major (unmentionable) 914 parts suppliers has them too. I got a set, nice and shiny. I do think they don't put enough in the set to replace all of them. IIRC the set I got could use about 5-7 more pieces to be fully complete for tins and air shroud. Don't assume any "kit" will be everything you need.

It takes a pretty beefy screwdriver to fill the slot and not want to slip out. Ones with grooves across the faces(both sides) of the flat head grip even better. Sears has good ones.
A&PGirl
Sent you a PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.