Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coned Out In Blytheville Tour.....SUCKED!
jjackson
post Oct 30 2012, 06:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,246
Region Association: None

Hit a cone on every reasonable run.The clean runs allowed the course workers to read the sponsors stickers on three sides of the car- in at least one corner or two.
30 to 40 mph winds all weekend-40 to 50 degree ambient temp with chill factor around freezing.
Ran Good Years with one driver.250 compound
Amazing tire.Good in cold- will be great when up to temp.
Shoulda covered Grants Boxter but.......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)
We'll see next time......
J Jackson

PS-I let a fellow World member drive the car on practice course.I think he enjoyed it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Oct 30 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

I hate those days ... Up here we get 1 second penalty per cone. Not sure if its the same where you are. One second is a lifetime in AX ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
jjackson
post Oct 30 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 30 2012, 02:10 PM) *

I hate those days ... Up here we get 1 second penalty per cone. Not sure if its the same where you are. One second is a lifetime in AX ...

2 seconds.
J
+Quote Post
Woody
post Oct 31 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #4

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Member No.: 12,530
Region Association: Southwest Region

2 seconds a cone here. Our local pca also counts pointer cones. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
Randal
post Oct 31 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(jjackson @ Oct 30 2012, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 30 2012, 02:10 PM) *

2 seconds.
J

So hit a cone and you are pretty much done. Time to start driving the middle line. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Nov 2 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #6

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(jjackson @ Oct 30 2012, 05:29 AM) *

Shoulda covered Grants Boxter but.......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)
J Jackson

PS-I let a fellow World member drive the car on practice course.I think he enjoyed it.

You and Brit have been saying that for almost three years now. Believe me I'm rooting for you but you both keep get beaten by a girl. At least I got by her on my clean runs. Lol!

Hmm scratch runs don't look close to me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

http://www.scca.com/solo/content.cfm?cid=51045

When is a 914 going to beat my Frankenstein monster? Please someone build a teener that restores ax dominance to our beloved cars. I hate the fact I built that thing! Who as me, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Wait until you see my next abomination. It's sort of like Sigourney Weavers alien baby. It will likely beat an FP 914 but probably not a XP teener that has been well prepared. I will likely drag it out to Lincoln next year. ...Z you later

This post has been edited by grantsfo: Nov 2 2012, 07:07 PM
+Quote Post
Randal
post Nov 2 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

Hit a cone on every reasonable run.The clean runs allowed the course workers to read the sponsors stickers on three sides of the car- in at least one corner or two.
30 to 40 mph winds all weekend-40 to 50 degree ambient temp with chill factor around freezing.
J Jackson

So did you change the shock/spring setup/sway bar set up or run with what you had?
+Quote Post
jjackson
post Nov 3 2012, 04:59 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 2 2012, 07:46 PM) *

J Jackson

You and Brit have been saying that for almost three years now. Believe me I'm rooting for you but you both keep get beaten by a girl. At least I got by her on my clean runs. Lol!

Hmm scratch runs don't look close to me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

When is a 914 going to beat my Frankenstein monster? Please someone build a teener that restores ax dominance to our beloved cars. I hate the fact I built that thing! Who as me, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Wait until you see my next abomination. It's sort of like Sigourney Weavers alien baby. It will likely beat an FP 914 but probably not a XP teener that has been well prepared. I will likely drag it out to Lincoln next year. ...Z you later

Grant-cones are posted in results-Three of four runs had Beths best run beaten-You count it how you want to.Also, runs on Sunday beat the Boxster.
Alas ... the cones....
J

We will see your next project.
+Quote Post
jjackson
post Nov 3 2012, 05:02 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(Randal @ Nov 2 2012, 11:46 PM) *

J Jackson

So did you change the shock/spring setup/sway bar set up or run with what you had?

Went back to bias ply slick setup on Good Years.Put 1 degree camber all the way around.Increased front spring rate.
J
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Nov 3 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #10

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(jjackson @ Nov 3 2012, 03:59 AM) *

J Jackson

Grant-cones are posted in results-Three of four runs had Beths best run beaten-You count it how you want to.Also, runs on Sunday beat the Boxster.
Alas ... the cones....
J

dont see it? You had 1 cone on first run. They don't show any others and she had faster time? SCCA does god job of recording and posting cones. I know those imaginary cones suck! Botomline I have been waiting 3 years for a 914 to beat that Boxster in national event. Hasn't happened yet. Please work harder. Tired of seeing you get beat by a girl.
+Quote Post
jjackson
post Nov 5 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 3 2012, 09:39 PM) *

QUOTE(jjackson @ Nov 3 2012, 03:59 AM) *

J Jackson

Alas ... the cones....
J

dont see it? You had 1 cone on first run. They don't show any others and she had faster time? SCCA does god job of recording and posting cones. I know those imaginary cones suck! Botomline I have been waiting 3 years for a 914 to beat that Boxster in national event. Hasn't happened yet. Please work harder. Tired of seeing you get beat by a girl.

Imagination... Really-First run clean- had to stand on it.Second , third, and fourth all had a cone.All raw times faster than Beth.
Check with your drivers.
J

Like I said in post-Coned out in Blytheville.
BTW Dumb Ass-Look at and post the results from this Tour-Not the Spring when we broke the gear box and drove a different car.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 02:17 AM