Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leather interiors
mtndawg
post Oct 31 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,985
Region Association: None

I would like to see some pics of leather interiors. Add here...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Nov 1 2012, 07:32 AM
Post #2

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(mtndawg @ Nov 1 2012, 01:30 AM) *

maybe not what you are looking for, but this is the direction i went because when i got my car, not runnning etc, the seats also were shot, the vinyl was so brittle it was cracking to the touch, what was left, and the foam was really bad too, so i would have needed all of that. i found these 911/993 seats in pretty good shape. the inserts are clean and nice, the bolsters have some checking but after treatment with saddle soap and mink oil they softened up, but for the price i have nice seats that cost 1/2 or less than restoring the originals and they are much more comfortable- wider, longer and taller- I'm 6'2'' and the regular 914 seats were a bad whiplash waiting to happen- so for now, this is what i have----

phil

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Nov 1 2012, 08:50 AM
Post #3

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Nov 1 2012, 08:59 AM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I don't have one but would LOVE a leather dash and seats...not sure who does dashes anymore though.
+Quote Post
SLKWrx
post Nov 1 2012, 10:09 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,845
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 1 2012, 05:32 AM) *

maybe not what you are looking for, but this is the direction i went because when i got my car, not runnning etc, the seats also were shot, the vinyl was so brittle it was cracking to the touch, what was left, and the foam was really bad too, so i would have needed all of that. i found these 911/993 seats in pretty good shape. the inserts are clean and nice, the bolsters have some checking but after treatment with saddle soap and mink oil they softened up, but for the price i have nice seats that cost 1/2 or less than restoring the originals and they are much more comfortable- wider, longer and taller- I'm 6'2'' and the regular 914 seats were a bad whiplash waiting to happen- so for now, this is what i have----

phil

Ooh these are nice. They fit with the backpad and the ebrake? How much work to get the rails to work? Are they hooked up for power?
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Nov 1 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,019

I am having my interior redone in leather ......... I will post pics when it is completed ......... though here are some pics of 'other' 914/916 interiors ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
sfrenck
post Nov 1 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 11,411

QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Nov 1 2012, 12:09 PM) *

phil

Ooh these are nice. They fit with the backpad and the ebrake? How much work to get the rails to work? Are they hooked up for power?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Very curious to hear / see details on this one.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Nov 1 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #8

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

Self edit : I just realized that is the infamous M741 car of the " doctors " isn't it ? I recognize that coffee stain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I still like the script inserts and the door panel stitching (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Nov 1 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #9

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Nov 1 2012, 12:09 PM) *

phil

They are 8 way electric wired . The seats fit nicely in the back pad, i had a new fiberglass backpad from 914ap and had him cover it in 1/8'' foam and new vinyl rather than the thick foam that is used originally.

+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Nov 2 2012, 09:03 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 1 2012, 02:47 PM) *

Self edit : I just realized that is the infamous M741 car of the " doctors " isn't it ? I recognize that coffee stain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I still like the script inserts and the door panel stitching (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Since you have some insight on this car ....... do you know if this was a factory option interior, done later by a dealer or ?
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Nov 2 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #11

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

Custom job I loved on Lee's six conversion that just sold.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albuo53

+Quote Post
scotty b
post Nov 2 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #12

rust free you say ?

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 2 2012, 07:03 AM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 1 2012, 02:47 PM) *

Since you have some insight on this car ....... do you know if this was a factory option interior, done later by a dealer or ?

IIRC it is factory original but I could be wrong. I just remember someone pointing out how G had strategically placed the seal belt latch to cover the coffee stain. I have some pics of the whole car somewhere. Or you can find the MUSR thread from 2010
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Nov 2 2012, 10:07 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 2 2012, 07:21 AM) *

IIRC it is factory original but I could be wrong. I just remember someone pointing out how G had strategically placed the seal belt latch to cover the coffee stain. I have some pics of the whole car somewhere. Or you can find the MUSR thread from 2010

Thanks for the response! If that interior is factory, that is really quite awesome. I was not aware they had those kind of interior options for the 914-6 ...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Nov 2 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #14

914 Guru

Member No.: 50

That's because it's a 916...each had a custom interior.
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Nov 2 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 2 2012, 09:29 AM) *

That's because it's a 916...each had a custom interior.

Scotty B said it was a M471 ..... isn't that a 914-6 with flares etc? .............. however I do recall me geting that pic during a 916 interior search.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Nov 2 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #16

rust free you say ?

M471 was a factory package. "essentially" a pimped out 916. Leather interior etc. I'll dig out the pics of it tonight. Chris Foley and I were all over that thing taking pics of the steel top, and body panel gaps, and I can assure you that the factory 916 bumpers are far from perfect fit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Nov 2 2012, 03:11 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 2 2012, 01:21 PM) *

M471 was a factory package. "essentially" a pimped out 916. Leather interior etc. I'll dig out the pics of it tonight. Chris Foley and I were all over that thing taking pics of the steel top, and body panel gaps, and I can assure you that the factory 916 bumpers are far from perfect fit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Either way, what I wanted to know was that it was a 'factory' job/design and not dealer or aftermarket .......... more pictures of this thing would be awesome .... thanks for posting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Nov 2 2012, 09:46 PM
Post #18

rust free you say ?

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 2 2012, 01:11 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 2 2012, 01:21 PM) *

Either way, what I wanted to know was that it was a 'factory' job/design and not dealer or aftermarket .......... more pictures of this thing would be awesome .... thanks for posting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Post 139 here. I have more somewhere

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...musr&st=120
+Quote Post
MDG
post Nov 3 2012, 06:34 AM
Post #19

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 2 2012, 02:28 PM) *

M471 ..... isn't that a 914-6 with flares etc? .............. however I do recall me geting that pic during a 916 interior search.

Yes, you are correct.

M471 is the factory sport option code (a code used throughout the line-up - NOT just for the 914-6). On 914-6, the M471 package was a cosmetic makeover with GT flares, I 'think' wider wheels . . other guys here can tell you exactly what you got if you ordered that option when you bought your 914-6. Unless they have been modified after the fact, the interiors would just be stock 914-6 like the rest of the car.

This is George's 914-6 M471

Attached Image

and another member's (SMG) M471

Attached Image

The 11 (or was it 12?) 916 prototypes were completely factory built and were definitely not modified 914-6's like the M471. All had custom factory interiors.

This is George's 916 with the script interior (and the coffee stain!) This one came with the 2.7 engine which also ended up in the 911 Carrera RS

Attached Image

and the caramel coloured leather interior in the post above is from this 916 which sold a few years ago - I think the engine this one has is a 2.4

Attached Image
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Nov 3 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 2 2012, 07:46 PM) *
those are some great pics (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)!!! I especially like the flare to rocker junction .......... I was gonna extend the factory chamfer on the bottom into my AA flares ..........but seeing as how the factory did not do that ........... I may not either ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif) ............. thanks for posting that link (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)!!!

QUOTE(MDG @ Nov 3 2012, 04:34 AM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 2 2012, 02:28 PM) *

M471 ..... isn't that a 914-6 with flares etc? .............. however I do recall me geting that pic during a 916 interior search.

Yes, you are correct.

M471 is the factory sport option code (a code used throughout the line-up - NOT just for the 914-6). On 914-6, the M471 package was a cosmetic makeover with GT flares, I 'think' wider wheels . . other guys here can tell you exactly what you got if you ordered that option when you bought your 914-6. Unless they have been modified after the fact, the interiors would just be stock 914-6 like the rest of the car.

wow great pics ......... that clears a lot up .......... thank you for posting ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 06:38 AM