Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leather interiors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mtndawg
I would like to see some pics of leather interiors. Add here...
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(mtndawg @ Nov 1 2012, 01:30 AM) *

maybe not what you are looking for, but this is the direction i went because when i got my car, not runnning etc, the seats also were shot, the vinyl was so brittle it was cracking to the touch, what was left, and the foam was really bad too, so i would have needed all of that. i found these 911/993 seats in pretty good shape. the inserts are clean and nice, the bolsters have some checking but after treatment with saddle soap and mink oil they softened up, but for the price i have nice seats that cost 1/2 or less than restoring the originals and they are much more comfortable- wider, longer and taller- I'm 6'2'' and the regular 914 seats were a bad whiplash waiting to happen- so for now, this is what i have----

phil
iamchappy
JmuRiz
I don't have one but would LOVE a leather dash and seats...not sure who does dashes anymore though.
SLKWrx
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 1 2012, 05:32 AM) *

maybe not what you are looking for, but this is the direction i went because when i got my car, not runnning etc, the seats also were shot, the vinyl was so brittle it was cracking to the touch, what was left, and the foam was really bad too, so i would have needed all of that. i found these 911/993 seats in pretty good shape. the inserts are clean and nice, the bolsters have some checking but after treatment with saddle soap and mink oil they softened up, but for the price i have nice seats that cost 1/2 or less than restoring the originals and they are much more comfortable- wider, longer and taller- I'm 6'2'' and the regular 914 seats were a bad whiplash waiting to happen- so for now, this is what i have----

phil

Ooh these are nice. They fit with the backpad and the ebrake? How much work to get the rails to work? Are they hooked up for power?
gothspeed
I am having my interior redone in leather ......... I will post pics when it is completed ......... though here are some pics of 'other' 914/916 interiors ... smile.gif
sfrenck
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Nov 1 2012, 12:09 PM) *

phil

Ooh these are nice. They fit with the backpad and the ebrake? How much work to get the rails to work? Are they hooked up for power?

agree.gif

Very curious to hear / see details on this one.
scotty b
Self edit : I just realized that is the infamous M741 car of the " doctors " isn't it ? I recognize that coffee stain av-943.gif

I still like the script inserts and the door panel stitching confused24.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Nov 1 2012, 12:09 PM) *

phil

They are 8 way electric wired . The seats fit nicely in the back pad, i had a new fiberglass backpad from 914ap and had him cover it in 1/8'' foam and new vinyl rather than the thick foam that is used originally.

gothspeed
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 1 2012, 02:47 PM) *

Self edit : I just realized that is the infamous M741 car of the " doctors " isn't it ? I recognize that coffee stain av-943.gif

Since you have some insight on this car ....... do you know if this was a factory option interior, done later by a dealer or ?
Ferg
Custom job I loved on Lee's six conversion that just sold.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albuo53

scotty b
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 2 2012, 07:03 AM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 1 2012, 02:47 PM) *

Since you have some insight on this car ....... do you know if this was a factory option interior, done later by a dealer or ?

IIRC it is factory original but I could be wrong. I just remember someone pointing out how G had strategically placed the seal belt latch to cover the coffee stain. I have some pics of the whole car somewhere. Or you can find the MUSR thread from 2010
gothspeed
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 2 2012, 07:21 AM) *

IIRC it is factory original but I could be wrong. I just remember someone pointing out how G had strategically placed the seal belt latch to cover the coffee stain. I have some pics of the whole car somewhere. Or you can find the MUSR thread from 2010

Thanks for the response! If that interior is factory, that is really quite awesome. I was not aware they had those kind of interior options for the 914-6 ...... beerchug.gif
JmuRiz
That's because it's a 916...each had a custom interior.
gothspeed
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 2 2012, 09:29 AM) *

That's because it's a 916...each had a custom interior.

Scotty B said it was a M471 ..... isn't that a 914-6 with flares etc? .............. however I do recall me geting that pic during a 916 interior search.
scotty b
M471 was a factory package. "essentially" a pimped out 916. Leather interior etc. I'll dig out the pics of it tonight. Chris Foley and I were all over that thing taking pics of the steel top, and body panel gaps, and I can assure you that the factory 916 bumpers are far from perfect fit unsure.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 2 2012, 01:21 PM) *

M471 was a factory package. "essentially" a pimped out 916. Leather interior etc. I'll dig out the pics of it tonight. Chris Foley and I were all over that thing taking pics of the steel top, and body panel gaps, and I can assure you that the factory 916 bumpers are far from perfect fit unsure.gif

Either way, what I wanted to know was that it was a 'factory' job/design and not dealer or aftermarket .......... more pictures of this thing would be awesome .... thanks for posting smile.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 2 2012, 01:11 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 2 2012, 01:21 PM) *

Either way, what I wanted to know was that it was a 'factory' job/design and not dealer or aftermarket .......... more pictures of this thing would be awesome .... thanks for posting smile.gif

Post 139 here. I have more somewhere

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...musr&st=120
MDG
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 2 2012, 02:28 PM) *

M471 ..... isn't that a 914-6 with flares etc? .............. however I do recall me geting that pic during a 916 interior search.

Yes, you are correct.

M471 is the factory sport option code (a code used throughout the line-up - NOT just for the 914-6). On 914-6, the M471 package was a cosmetic makeover with GT flares, I 'think' wider wheels . . other guys here can tell you exactly what you got if you ordered that option when you bought your 914-6. Unless they have been modified after the fact, the interiors would just be stock 914-6 like the rest of the car.

This is George's 914-6 M471

Click to view attachment

and another member's (SMG) M471

Click to view attachment

The 11 (or was it 12?) 916 prototypes were completely factory built and were definitely not modified 914-6's like the M471. All had custom factory interiors.

This is George's 916 with the script interior (and the coffee stain!) This one came with the 2.7 engine which also ended up in the 911 Carrera RS

Click to view attachment

and the caramel coloured leather interior in the post above is from this 916 which sold a few years ago - I think the engine this one has is a 2.4

Click to view attachment
gothspeed
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 2 2012, 07:46 PM) *
those are some great pics smile.gif!!! I especially like the flare to rocker junction .......... I was gonna extend the factory chamfer on the bottom into my AA flares ..........but seeing as how the factory did not do that ........... I may not either ... sunglasses.gif ............. thanks for posting that link smile.gif!!!

QUOTE(MDG @ Nov 3 2012, 04:34 AM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 2 2012, 02:28 PM) *

M471 ..... isn't that a 914-6 with flares etc? .............. however I do recall me geting that pic during a 916 interior search.

Yes, you are correct.

M471 is the factory sport option code (a code used throughout the line-up - NOT just for the 914-6). On 914-6, the M471 package was a cosmetic makeover with GT flares, I 'think' wider wheels . . other guys here can tell you exactly what you got if you ordered that option when you bought your 914-6. Unless they have been modified after the fact, the interiors would just be stock 914-6 like the rest of the car.

wow great pics ......... that clears a lot up .......... thank you for posting ... beerchug.gif
scotty b
not meaning to highjack, but I thought I'd post this for you guys. I have been trying to source the Pascha material and found this source for the Porsche script

http://www.heritagetrim.com/materials/OESe...rials/index.htm

These guys have a better selection of Pascha and also more of the Tartan

http://www.westtrading.nl/overzicht.asp?Me...e=UK&t=Seat upholstery

I'm thinkikng about doing something similar to the silver 916 but a little more understated in my car smile.gif
gothspeed
Great links scotty ....... I don't see the 'hi-jack' as those links are interior related ..... smile.gif
Robert21
Here,s mine
iamchappy
The best thing about leather interiors is when you open the door, and get hit with the smell. Sometimes i just open the door just to get a whiff....
scotty b
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 3 2012, 05:34 PM) *

The best thing about leather interiors is when you open the door, and get hit with the smell. Sometimes i just open the door just to get a whiff....

Evils cars are the same way icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.