Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> LIMITED EDITION Creamscicle, 1974 Ebay Car
Britain Smith
post May 14 2003, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Nano Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 364

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2415491208

Here is a LE car on ebay...

-Britain
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 23)
Lawrence
post May 15 2003, 02:29 PM
Post #21

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 244
Region Association: None

I can't find the gentleman's contact info... but pictures of his window sticker work can be found here:

MUSR 2001 Pictures page 3

-Rusty
+Quote Post
anthony
post May 15 2003, 02:52 PM
Post #22

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

Also, it does not appear to have the correct guages. They are the same as my 75' 2.0 without a silver ball on the needles

The gauges are correct for a '74. The '73s and very few early '74s had the silver center gauges.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post May 15 2003, 02:53 PM
Post #23

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Hi guys...This car is owned by Don Ramsay of Air Cooled Classics in TN. I have swapped multiple emails with him over the last year or so and he is a big 914 LE fan. He told me the other day he has not sold a 914 LE in 10 years.

This current Creamsicle car FS on eBay is his nicest...He has 5 more Bumblebees in resto and rusto...and this one comes with the only known authentic 914 LE window sticker...on the planet. I have one of John Rogers repro window stickers...nice job...even convincing...but it is not real. This WS should be a major point in the sale.

Just because this car has the earlier center arm rest does not mean its not authentic...just an incorrect bolt-on part. It also has the black headlight relay covers as GB mentioned, black lug bolts, aftermarket gearshift knob...oh the heresy! The wear shown in the photos will affect the value more than anything else. This is a fine car. I haven't seen the car personally (obviously) so I cannot comment on its actual authenticity, but it looks like a nice car...I like all the color schemes...The best thing Don could do would be to get a COA for each 914 LE car before selling it.

This car does not seem to be in the same great condition as last weeks Bumblebee, but it is a car that is twice as rare. The Bumblebee also neeeded a windshield, the correct muffler and it had...carbs...it also had a couple minor paint blems...

Remember the other Creamsicle that sold a few months ago...went for $7K+? It had the drilled rear trunk lid for the CB antenna and tan interior. I think the Tan interior adversely affected the value of that particular car in that color scheme...You gotta liek these cars to spend bigger dollars than a standard 914.

These gauges are correct BTW...they were silver center on 914 cars through late 1973 (my 8/73 car a 1974 model has them) and the LEs all had black center gauges. Check the 914 LE website ...all interior photos have the black center gauges.

Someone savvy go check this one out and report back!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 15 2003, 04:37 PM
Post #24

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

Also, it does not appear to have the correct guages. They are the same as my 75' 2.0 without a silver ball on the needles

The gauges are correct for a '74. The '73s and very few early '74s had the silver center gauges.

up to 1974 model year, alll teeners had silver center gauges.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 09:50 PM