Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Group Buy Closed, time to send payment, Wheel stud conversion kit
clapeza
post Nov 30 2012, 09:46 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,677
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 30 2012, 10:01 AM) *

I said before that I would be interested in a kit or two. However, I need to see pictures of the kit installed on a car with 2.0 Fuchs

I'll be in for a set, too, once we see how the finished product looks installed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Nov 30 2012, 10:04 AM
Post #62

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Not really how a GB works, folks.
we get a good deal through placing a big order. Bigger the order, the lower the price drops.

If you wait for the GB to end and people to start posting pics of the finished product, you will either have to start a new GB, or buy at full price.

Sometimes the wholesaler will allow group prices after the buy is finished, but its not the rule and should not be expected.

I understand wanting to see how it looks before its done, but to do that you either need to find pictures of existing cars with studs or accept that you won't get the group buy pricing.

I can tell you that studs are WAY better then lug bolts, and everyone should do this for pure functionality.

Zach
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Nov 30 2012, 11:21 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 9,714
Region Association: Southern California

I dont have direct access to a car with 2.0L fuchs, so a picture will be tough, however one thing that i have noticed after doing some math, is that these will probably stick out a fair amount past wheels, based on the length of the stud.

Will these look good on a modified car? Yes
However they might stick out a bit for some peoples taste on a bone stock 914.
+Quote Post
falconfp2001
post Dec 1 2012, 02:53 AM
Post #64

Pancho Pantera

Member No.: 12,456
Region Association: Southwest Region

Bottom line for the hard to realize or CSOB people out there. This GB is a great deal. Lug Bolts are so much more harder to utilize than studs but if you would rather spend your time holding tires up with your feet while installing the Lug Bolts then don't buy this option. Also, if you would like your car to be "original" then do not respond to this GB.

In fact,don't even request a picture of the finished product because you have no idea of the value of this GB.

OK, this will be hard for some of you to get, if you are a cheap skate and wish to see and confirm the value of this GB, please do not waste anymore of our time by posting a request for pictures.

The people who really know the value of this GB have already committed to this buy and do not wish for you to waste their time. We only wish to quickly tabulate the total committed buyers so that we can figure our savings.

Yes, we are also CSOBs, but at least we know a great deal when we see one.

+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Dec 1 2012, 04:23 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 13,549
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Dec 1 2012, 12:53 AM) *

Bottom line for the hard to realize or CSOB people out there. This GB is a great deal. Lug Bolts are so much more harder to utilize than studs but if you would rather spend your time holding tires up with your feet while installing the Lug Bolts then don't buy this option. Also, if you would like your car to be "original" then do not respond to this GB.

In fact,don't even request a picture of the finished product because you have no idea of the value of this GB.

OK, this will be hard for some of you to get, if you are a cheap skate and wish to see and confirm the value of this GB, please do not waste anymore of our time by posting a request for pictures.

The people who really know the value of this GB have already committed to this buy and do not wish for you to waste their time. We only wish to quickly tabulate the total committed buyers so that we can figure our savings.

I'd like a set with the silver/gold nuts.
+Quote Post
eric9144
post Dec 1 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876

falconfp2001 you may have missed the point in the request for pictures.

I think most members are curious how much thread would be exposed when installed on a 4 bolt wheel... Speaking for myself it has nothing to do with being a CSOB, I have more money in brakes than most people have in their enitre car, so it's not a money thing at all...
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Dec 1 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #67

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413

http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis-compo...15-p-18227.html

for 16:
$56 for cone seat.
$63.20 for ball seat.

2, 2.5 and 3" lengths.

Race grade.

KT
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Dec 1 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #68

QUOTE(Trekkor @ Dec 1 2012, 01:08 PM) *

http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis-compo...15-p-18227.html

for 16:
$56 for cone seat.
$63.20 for ball seat.

2, 2.5 and 3" lengths.

Race grade.

KT

What's the differrence between a ball seat &I a cone seat. I have stock 2Lin Fuchs on my car do which is the appropriate seat for my car?
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Dec 1 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #69

I do things...

Ball seat fits VW/Porsche wheels.
Cone seat fits many aftermarket wheels.

The shape of the lug nut is designed to fit the shape of the seat in the wheel for proper engagement.

KT
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Dec 1 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #70

I do things...

Ball seat:

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.034motorsport.com-1413-1354399450.1.jpg)

Cone seat:

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.034motorsport.com-1413-1354399450.2.jpg)

KT

This post has been edited by Trekkor: Dec 1 2012, 04:04 PM
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Dec 1 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #71

Again, these bullet studs may stick out a bit far for some people on stock cars. Later on Ryan will be releasing kits that are shorter, and for more stock styled applications.

For those of you that are interested in installing a kit on your bone stock 914, we will be offering a kit specifically tailored to it, using close ended aluminum Porsche factory style nuts.

The studs being offered in this group buy are bullet nose, and not flat on the end, and are Black zinc. The bullet nose studs are more expensive, as is the black zinc process.

based upon the pricing that I've been seeing from Ryan lately in regards to a similar kit, 034 is 5 or so bucks more expensive than kits that will be offered for stock applications

And per the 034 site..:

"Take note, don't be fooled by companies offering Porsche Ball nuts, they have a much wider diameter seat that does not fit correctly in VW/Audi wheels and essentially damages the seating surface."

Their ball seat nuts are for the Audi Radius and diameter, not Porsche unfortunately.

Again, for those of you who are interested in a kit for a bone stock 914, that looks completely stock, please hold out on the group buy. Another deal will be coming for those of you who are not running any spacers, stock offset/bug offset wheels, and/or stock profile tires.

Please excuse the crappy cell phone pic:
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i260.photobucket.com-9714-1354408975.1.jpg)

These are on EMPI fake minilites with a bug offset, and I will say, they look a little out of place. This is on a completely stock car.

+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Dec 2 2012, 09:07 AM
Post #72

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Huh. Thats really long....
+Quote Post
clapeza
post Dec 2 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 12,677

OK, given this new information, take me off the "interested" list for the current GB.

I will be interested in a future GB for the "more stock styled applications" kit, however.
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Dec 2 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #74

B-)

Member No.: 4,907

Dudes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
get the studs
get spacers
max your track width, adjust out more with more spacers, get the wheels right up against the fender
swap wheels easily at the track/AX/garage cause the studs rock!

Yes, they do stick out. I bought a different set of black oxide studs, 90mm, several years ago. My street wheels are cone seat, with big chrome lug nuts that cover the end of the stud completely (look at deep lugs at gorilla nuts).

Lots of options to customize your 914 project! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

These studs in the GB are studly. Good length, style, coatings.

Trekkor's option is, as usual, the best low-price way to get out on the track safely with good gear, but won't get you "in" with the high-dollar track snob crowd. But who cares about them, we drive 914s! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Dec 2 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #75

I do things...

The picture posted with the GB stud installed looks like the ball seat nut is too small for the wheel's seat.

You can see an exposed wear surface around the entire perimeter where previous contact had been made by a larger lug nut.

A lug nut that is too small will eventually pull through the wheel.

Most 914 owners with narrow body cars running stock style wheels do not need studs that are 2-3 times too long. In the picture, it looks like you could thread 3-4 more lugs onto that stud!

The stud only engages the hub 10-12mm's. Add the thickness of the wheel plus 10-12mm of nut engagement. There's the length you need.

034 is a race shop that campaigns race cars.
Pike's Peak and the 25 Hours of Thunderhill, this year, among many others. I have used their products and I will ask them to bring me a ball seat and cone seat lug to the race this weekend for me to examine.

KT

+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Dec 7 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #76

Thanks to everyone who commited to purchasing a kit in the group buy. The group buy is currently closed, and it is now time to send payment. So far Ryan has recieved 4 payments only.

The sooner everyone sends payment, the sooner the kits will get shipped out.

See the first post for payment instructions.

Thanks everyone!
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Dec 7 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #77

I've not followed this thread in a while but checked back because of the end of the group buy. I also just saw how long the studs are on a stock wheel and those are way too long for stock 4 bolt Fuchs in my opinion. I'd like to hold off till you have the stud kits ready for stock cars as these long studs will look rediculous on my wheels. I regret not seeing these pictures earlier.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 7 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #78

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Dec 1 2012, 03:53 AM) *

To say this post pisses me off would be an understatement. I've been accused of many things..but being cheap isn't one of them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

The fact of the matter is that there was some uncertainty about how the final product would look. Before I spend my money on something that may be ugly as hell, I want to see the finished product. We all know what an OEM product looks like; however, this is not OEM.

Would YOU plunk down money for a new product that was sight unseen in it's final application? I seriously doubt it. I can appreciate your enthusiasm for the GB and wanting it concluded quickly. And yes, there a lot of Cheap SOB's on this board. However, in this case you are off base.
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Dec 7 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #79

I understand that these may not be everyone, however a lot of people commited, and ryan has recieved only 1 more payment as of today. Please, if you have commited, please send ryan your payment so we can get these kits shipped.
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Dec 8 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #80

Here is the current list of who has paid, and kits shipped:
r3dplanet
zymurgist
Gary gartner
arg
mikehinton
Wingnut86
Por.kid
helios

I will update the list as people pay. These kits have already been shipped out as well. If your name is on the list, it means you have paid, and your kit has been shipped.

Thanks, Ethan
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 06:14 AM