Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cool 914 racecar roller for sale
ChrisFoley
post Dec 13 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #21

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Dec 12 2012, 04:14 PM) *

Thanks carr914 for posting that video. Interesting that the camera car (a 911 I assume) easily passed the 914 turbo, given that the 914 had a factory 962 motor! I recall a fast club racer named Schrom who drove a 911 turbo around that time. Maybe it was him ...

2:01 at WGI is a damn fast time. In that vein, I'm going to tout another 914 driver named Keith Peare, who did a 2:00 flat at WGI in a 914 with a normally asp. 2.8L motor in the early 2000's. I remember almost falling off my chair when I read that he'd managed to do that.

Scott

I met Mike Schrom at LRP a long time ago when he was just getting into DE.
We worked at a corner station together for a couple hours.
A couple years later he was PCA racing in his 935 conversion and it was just about as fast as Ventura's 914 when he turned the boost way up.
I watched him nearly stuff it into the tire wall at the exit of the (LRP) esses in the rain, trying to race Nick V.

Last time I saw his name come up was on TV about 5 or 6 years ago.
He was driving a 911 Rolex GT car for TRG.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stownsen914
post Dec 13 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 6,985

Yes, Mike Schrom is the one I was thinking of. Was really fast on the club racing scene for a couple years, then seemed to move onto pro racing. I heard his name a bunch of times racing for TRG and maybe others. Haven't heard about him in a while.

Scott
+Quote Post
nolift914
post Jun 3 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #23

Autoxer

Member No.: 10,399

I ran with nick in the early 90's DE's at Bridgehampton in my 2.0 he would pass me doing 170 down the main strait chasing Art's factory 935. Nick and Art would do high 1:30's which is fast at the bridge.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:33 AM