Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to determine month of manufacter on a 914?
mharmon
post Nov 26 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,133

Hi Guys,

My car is currently at the painter's after being completely stripped down (doing a 3.6L conversion). Saw Andy's post about his Federal Emissions sticker and figured that now would be a good time to get one.

For whatever reason, my car (I'm the 3rd owner) didn't have one when I purchased it. Ordered a COA from Porsche, and when I called them this morning, they said that Porsche did not keep track on the month of manufacter back then. This does not seem right to me.

Anyone have any ideas where I can get the date so that I can get the sticker made?

Thanks for your help.

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
SirAndy
post Nov 26 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

The search is your friend:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...+number++decode

In short, the chassis number (*not* the VIN) will give you the week of the production year.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

QUOTE(mharmon @ Nov 26 2012, 12:01 PM) *

Hi Guys,

My car is currently at the painter's after being completely stripped down (doing a 3.6L conversion). Saw Andy's post about his Federal Emissions sticker and figured that now would be a good time to get one.

For whatever reason, my car (I'm the 3rd owner) didn't have one when I purchased it. Ordered a COA from Porsche, and when I called them this morning, they said that Porsche did not keep track on the month of manufacter back then. This does not seem right to me.

Anyone have any ideas where I can get the date so that I can get the sticker made?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

+Quote Post
mharmon
post Nov 26 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,133

Thanks Andy. Appreciate the help.

Mike
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:40 AM