Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to determine month of manufacter on a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharmon
Hi Guys,

My car is currently at the painter's after being completely stripped down (doing a 3.6L conversion). Saw Andy's post about his Federal Emissions sticker and figured that now would be a good time to get one.

For whatever reason, my car (I'm the 3rd owner) didn't have one when I purchased it. Ordered a COA from Porsche, and when I called them this morning, they said that Porsche did not keep track on the month of manufacter back then. This does not seem right to me.

Anyone have any ideas where I can get the date so that I can get the sticker made?

Thanks for your help.

Mike
SirAndy
The search is your friend:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...+number++decode

In short, the chassis number (*not* the VIN) will give you the week of the production year.
shades.gif

QUOTE(mharmon @ Nov 26 2012, 12:01 PM) *

Hi Guys,

My car is currently at the painter's after being completely stripped down (doing a 3.6L conversion). Saw Andy's post about his Federal Emissions sticker and figured that now would be a good time to get one.

For whatever reason, my car (I'm the 3rd owner) didn't have one when I purchased it. Ordered a COA from Porsche, and when I called them this morning, they said that Porsche did not keep track on the month of manufacter back then. This does not seem right to me.

Anyone have any ideas where I can get the date so that I can get the sticker made?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

mharmon
Thanks Andy. Appreciate the help.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.