Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No low beams woes.
Cevan
post Nov 30 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,351

Both of my low beams stopped working at the same time. The high beams work. When I pull the directional stalk, it appears that both beams go on (it always did this and I think this is supposed to happen) and then when I let go it toggles to either high or low. Fuses are good. The relay clicks, however I will test it.

If the relay is clicking, can I assume the switch in the steering column is functioning correctly? That switch only sends power (monentarily) to the relay and changes the 12v output from terminal F to terminal 56a (or vice versa), right?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Nov 30 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #2

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Cevan @ Nov 30 2012, 01:18 PM) *

If the relay is clicking, can I assume the switch in the steering column is functioning correctly? That switch only sends power (monentarily) to the relay and changes the 12v output from terminal F to terminal 56a (or vice versa), right?

Yes the switch is good. (It sends a ground to the relay)

The relay has an internal cam that can get stuck AND still "click". You need to test the white and yellow wire connection on the relay to see if it is actually working. If the cam is sticking, it's time for a new relay... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Cevan
post Dec 4 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,351

Just a quick follow up. It was the relay. If I tapped it, I could get the low beams to come on and off. I had taken it apart in the past and cleaned it. I figure it was just worn out by now. NAPA had a replacement in stock. Back on the road. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 08:46 PM