Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No low beams woes.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
Both of my low beams stopped working at the same time. The high beams work. When I pull the directional stalk, it appears that both beams go on (it always did this and I think this is supposed to happen) and then when I let go it toggles to either high or low. Fuses are good. The relay clicks, however I will test it.

If the relay is clicking, can I assume the switch in the steering column is functioning correctly? That switch only sends power (monentarily) to the relay and changes the 12v output from terminal F to terminal 56a (or vice versa), right?

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Cevan @ Nov 30 2012, 01:18 PM) *

If the relay is clicking, can I assume the switch in the steering column is functioning correctly? That switch only sends power (monentarily) to the relay and changes the 12v output from terminal F to terminal 56a (or vice versa), right?

Yes the switch is good. (It sends a ground to the relay)

The relay has an internal cam that can get stuck AND still "click". You need to test the white and yellow wire connection on the relay to see if it is actually working. If the cam is sticking, it's time for a new relay... sad.gif
Cevan
Just a quick follow up. It was the relay. If I tapped it, I could get the low beams to come on and off. I had taken it apart in the past and cleaned it. I figure it was just worn out by now. NAPA had a replacement in stock. Back on the road. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.