Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> GT two-tone bumper replication guidance
tommott77
post Nov 30 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,495
Region Association: None

Working on building my old/new/old/new 914 into a GT clone. Before I get too far ahead of myself I want to check to see if anybody here has seen an original GT, equipped with two-tone bumpers of course. I've seen just about every image that google has to offer, but I would like to see if I can get some first-hand info perhaps... prior to commencing my mess.

I would like to know the quality of the these paint jobs. Were they something painted at with factory specs with clear coats and the whole 9 yards? Or were they more along the lines of something that was painted half-assedly, track-side, as drivers/car lineups changed? Also anybody happen to get a good look at the finish on these bumpers? It seems that the pictures that I've seen appear to be a satin finish.

I already have the color I want to use picked out,... pictured below. Anybody care to venture a guess as to the likelihood that colors used were lifted off the factory color palette of the time? If so anybody happen to know what blue that may be?

Any guidance or experience sharing would be greatly appreciated.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 05:58 PM