Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Six SC Distributor, Distributor Question
marinmcgreevy
post Nov 5 2004, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,243

I have a question regarding the distributor on my 914/6. I have been told by the PO that the distributor on my engine (1981 SC w/98mm JE pistons) is a Bosch unit that rotates in the same direction as the original 2.0 and not in the reverse direction of a normal SC distributor. He said it has a special curve and required a different gear to work on the SC block. There are no points or no vacuum diaphragm on the distributor. It has a Permatune CDI. I have not been able to read any markings on the distributor. The engine was built ten years ago and the previous owner has not been able to find the file with all the engine specs. Does the discription of the distributor ring a bell to anyone?

The car runs great and I have not checked the timing yet. However, someday I will and I am looking for any information.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 05:53 PM