Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> another chorus of the "time to rebuild..., ... the rear caliper blues"
red914
post Nov 7 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #1

...i believe in coyotes and time as an abstract...

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,641

i had thought that yesterday would be nice day to press a piston back into the caliper and reset the venting, do a little brake bleeding, and be done with it. such naivete must amuse you gurus out there...

anyway, Dino (dinomium) came over to assist and act as technical consultant (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) . i plied him with salami and goat cheese on garlic bread sandwiches (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (alas, i could not offer him a brew), coffee, and we got started. all went according to expectations; piston went back in smoothly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) , etc. then came time to adjust venting. Dino pressed on the brake. the pistons actuated. Dino released pressure on the brakes. and the pistons stayed right where they were (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . rotor no move no more. then that little ray of sunshine that is Dino says, "hmm, it's time for a caliper rebuild." i think i heard thunder punctuating his statement.

so, rear caliper rebuilds are in my immeadiate future. i will, when the time comes, be requesting input. and while i am in there, maybe i can do a couple other things... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 09:46 PM