Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Any Navy Seals out there?
scotty914
post Nov 8 2004, 10:15 PM
Post #21

suby torque rules

Group: Members
Member No.: 924

there are a few questions that you can ask to blow holes ( sorry bad pun ) in almost anyone who says they where a seal. and alot of those topics are purposely left out of the public info for that reason. also there is a group of seals who run a list that can confirm a name but thats about all. now i can prove i tried to become a seal and was medically disqualifed for obstructions in my lungs due to infection with my medical file, but i never made it through buds due to my disqualifcation and therfore i am not on the list.

two questions that almost always work is asking about drown proofing and sand rash, i can explain either one to somebody if they like but i will do it off list.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot_Cannon
post Nov 9 2004, 06:00 AM
Post #22

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 480
Region Association: None

A number of years ago, I did a little sky diving. I had the honor of jumping with two of the Navy Leapfrogs Team. Both of them Seals. What struck me was their appearance and attitude. They both were down to earth types. Very quiet in their speech and body language.. They also were very slight of build and one was an Icabod Crane looking dude. When I told them I was sorry they just didn't fit my picture of what a Seal was like, one of them said that the Rambo type looking guys were the first ones to drop out of training. I also met one at Kadena Air Base in 1969. Same type of guy, he was rotating home after a year in country and had a really wierd look in his eye and talked really slow. You know. The type of guy you would want by your side when the s**t hits the fan. I'm glad they're on our side.
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post
Thorshammer
post Nov 9 2004, 11:08 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,335

Let me first say,I am not a SEAL, however my last 3 years in the Navy I did SEAL team insertion and extraction from the aircraft I was a flight engineer.

Joe R is very right, and no wonder one has'nt responded. The guys I knew were very quite. They mostly stayed in their group, the only time you got "let in" is if you risked life and limb to assist the team. I have met many supposed SEALS and the odds that they worked on an actual team and performed ops is very unlikely. Many times it's a UDT diver that wanted to become a seal, but could'nt get passed the Psych stuff, not the right temperament.
BUDS is the first step, but after that, the training really sorts out the proper canidates. What you see on the Discovery channel is just the tip of the iceberg.

Many of the guys you would never know were seals. They just look like guys in really good endurance type shape. Never like Charlie Sheens Character in NAVY SEALS. Never would you SEE them out of control acting up, talking crap, just did'nt happen. "Run silent run deep, run deadly." This huge guy stereotype was not the norm. Shooting M60 with one hand, for the movies only, and BTW not the weapon of choice, although it does get used. Only real experience in civilian combat was with a guy named Rico.

We were going into a chinese place and four guys came out as we were going in. One guy tells Rico to get the F___ out of his way, Rico said something about respect and by the time I knew what was happening Rico had one guy on his knees and crying like a little beotch. All the rest just backed up. After we got our take out they were still in the parking lot. But did'nt say a word when we left. They got the point quickly

I have never had a team member discuss a mission unless it was coordinates for insertion or the like. But actual details, no way no how. And It's not a security clearance thing, cause I had that, it simply a need to know. And I did'nt.

Some people think we should'nt have covert ops, but I can tell you from personal experience that Americans have been saved countless times by these actions. I thank God, those men are there to do that job.

Erik Madsen
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Nov 9 2004, 11:32 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96
Region Association: None

Wow. I am completely intrigued. Anyone have a good lead on that discovery channel special? What was it called?

Jen
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Nov 9 2004, 12:15 PM
Post #25

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I saw that Special too... Makes boot camp look like "this one time at band camp" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

.........b
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 03:58 AM