Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Differences between 050 and 009
scooter311
post Nov 8 2004, 12:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,986

Hey doods!
So I swapped from my 009 and put in a 050 - both with the same pointless and CDI. 2056, with 40s, some exhaust work and a Euro "H" cam -
I've noticed a DEFINITE difference, and I was wondering if anyone here has had the same experience or not: with the 009 it seemed to have a pretty good hit at about 3500 rpms, almost like it 'wound up' and then let go, resulting in a nice lil' kick in the pants - it snarled pretty good too.
I now have the 050 in, timed at (if I remember correctly) 29 degrees at 3000rpm (again, I think that's what I set it at), and now, she's-a super smooth, really nice, no pinging, no shaking, nothing. Much quieter as well. It revs waaay smoother and faster, and literally shrieks all the way past 5 grand - but there's no more hit and no more snarl.
It doesn't seem to have a hit anymore - could that be because it's pulling now all the way from the low rpm range?
Tell me if this makes sense - I have always had 2 stroke MX bikes - sudden power surge, come on the pipe like a ton of bricks, and always have to keep them 'in the powerband', but I recently switched to a 4 stroker (Yammie 250F). TOTALLY different, very linear, no hit, just pulls from idle all the way up. You feel like your'e going slower when in actuality your'e going faster, there's just no huge arm pulling surge to remind you.

So, does all this make sense? Am I crazy? Should I just forget this nit-picky crap and just drive it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

CHEERIO LADS

Jeff
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 10:22 PM