Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rough running when cold, '73 2.0 with FI
vitaminC
post Jan 6 2013, 08:24 PM
Post #1

searching...

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,121
Region Association: Northern California

Okay. Today I drove a '73 2.0 with original FI. It started fine when cold, and the idle was smooth. Once underway, however, it was bucking like crazy! I've had a look at this trouble-shooting page, and it seems like there are a couple of possibilities- AAR, CTHS. After about 10 min it smoothed out and was much more drivable. Any thoughts?

The car has aftermarket headers and exhaust, so no heat exchangers.

Not sure if this is related or not, but he said he had tested the compression fairly recently, and they were all between 120-140 (don't recall the exact numbers). Is this in an normal range?

Pics More trim is installed vs what is shown in the pics. It was originally brown. Didn't seem to be any current rust issues, though the battery tray had clearly rusted in the past. Also, the rear trunk floor was repaired with fiberglass.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jdlmodelt
post Jan 6 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #2

James D. Lane

Member No.: 15,210
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(vitaminC @ Jan 6 2013, 07:24 PM) *

Okay. Today I drove a '73 2.0 with original FI. It started fine when cold, and the idle was smooth. Once underway, however, it was bucking like crazy! I've had a look at this trouble-shooting page, and it seems like there are a couple of possibilities- AAR, CTHS. After about 10 min it smoothed out and was much more drivable. Any thoughts?

The car has aftermarket headers and exhaust, so no heat exchangers.

Not sure if this is related or not, but he said he had tested the compression fairly recently, and they were all between 120-140 (don't recall the exact numbers). Is this in an normal range?

Pics More trim is installed vs what is shown in the pics. It was originally brown. Didn't seem to be any current rust issues, though the battery tray had clearly rusted in the past. Also, the rear trunk floor was repaired with fiberglass.

Mine smooths out after about 5 minutes
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Jan 6 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #3

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Aar is likely. Fiberglass repair in trunk is a big red flag.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 07:59 AM