Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rough running when cold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vitaminC
Okay. Today I drove a '73 2.0 with original FI. It started fine when cold, and the idle was smooth. Once underway, however, it was bucking like crazy! I've had a look at this trouble-shooting page, and it seems like there are a couple of possibilities- AAR, CTHS. After about 10 min it smoothed out and was much more drivable. Any thoughts?

The car has aftermarket headers and exhaust, so no heat exchangers.

Not sure if this is related or not, but he said he had tested the compression fairly recently, and they were all between 120-140 (don't recall the exact numbers). Is this in an normal range?

Pics More trim is installed vs what is shown in the pics. It was originally brown. Didn't seem to be any current rust issues, though the battery tray had clearly rusted in the past. Also, the rear trunk floor was repaired with fiberglass.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(vitaminC @ Jan 6 2013, 07:24 PM) *

Okay. Today I drove a '73 2.0 with original FI. It started fine when cold, and the idle was smooth. Once underway, however, it was bucking like crazy! I've had a look at this trouble-shooting page, and it seems like there are a couple of possibilities- AAR, CTHS. After about 10 min it smoothed out and was much more drivable. Any thoughts?

The car has aftermarket headers and exhaust, so no heat exchangers.

Not sure if this is related or not, but he said he had tested the compression fairly recently, and they were all between 120-140 (don't recall the exact numbers). Is this in an normal range?

Pics More trim is installed vs what is shown in the pics. It was originally brown. Didn't seem to be any current rust issues, though the battery tray had clearly rusted in the past. Also, the rear trunk floor was repaired with fiberglass.

Mine smooths out after about 5 minutes
TheCabinetmaker
Aar is likely. Fiberglass repair in trunk is a big red flag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.