Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introducing Porshster.com, eCommerce platform for Porsche enthusiasts
Steve Snyder
post Jan 14 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,158
Region Association: South East States

Surprisingly, "914" is not trademarked by Porsche. The attorney from Porsche Cars North America that reviewed my site confirmed this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jan 14 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #22

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 13 2013, 10:53 PM) *

Porshster does not sell parts. It is a platform just like ebay or any other multivendor site.

I do not use their trademark in my name. Their trademark for name AND font is for the word PORSCHE. All caps in their font arranged in that word. Just like Coca-Cola and their name and script.

Model names are also trademarked. Using "ster" from Boxster is not infringement. Roadster?

Porsh vs Porsche...Seimens vs. Simmons? Is a "Merc" a Mercedes or a Mercury.

I am not using the word and font. They only trademark those letters. No other letters are trade marked. And the trademark only holds if arranged in that word.

My font is slightly altered as is the name spelling. I can show you standard fonts that are so similar it is hardly noticeable.

If need be and if (when?) they contact me AGAIN, I suppose I will have to deal with it. Changing the name and logo is no bug deal. Oh, I said bug, will they sue me? I'll call it RennTrade. Renn is German no?

If its not supporting itself then I'll just pull the plug. All depends on all the community joining in and sellers setting up stores. I'm just one enthusiast with an idea.

If they are smart (lawyers smart?...ha) they would see that the site promotes the brand in a positive way.

Really any issues would be if potential sellers are deceitful and represent parts as authentic Porsche when they are not.

They could come after 914world for using the model designation. Image if there was a Porsche related site named 911world?

Gary, we are not ragging on you just giving some advise that some of us have had to learn the Hard Way!
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Jan 14 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #23

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 14 2013, 05:50 AM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 13 2013, 10:53 PM) *

Porshster does not sell parts. It is a platform just like ebay or any other multivendor site.

I do not use their trademark in my name. Their trademark for name AND font is for the word PORSCHE. All caps in their font arranged in that word. Just like Coca-Cola and their name and script.

Model names are also trademarked. Using "ster" from Boxster is not infringement. Roadster?

Porsh vs Porsche...Seimens vs. Simmons? Is a "Merc" a Mercedes or a Mercury.

I am not using the word and font. They only trademark those letters. No other letters are trade marked. And the trademark only holds if arranged in that word.

My font is slightly altered as is the name spelling. I can show you standard fonts that are so similar it is hardly noticeable.

If need be and if (when?) they contact me AGAIN, I suppose I will have to deal with it. Changing the name and logo is no bug deal. Oh, I said bug, will they sue me? I'll call it RennTrade. Renn is German no?

If its not supporting itself then I'll just pull the plug. All depends on all the community joining in and sellers setting up stores. I'm just one enthusiast with an idea.

If they are smart (lawyers smart?...ha) they would see that the site promotes the brand in a positive way.

Really any issues would be if potential sellers are deceitful and represent parts as authentic Porsche when they are not.

They could come after 914world for using the model designation. Image if there was a Porsche related site named 911world?

Gary, we are not ragging on you just giving some advise that some of us have had to learn the Hard Way!

I know and I totally appreciate it. I have been part of this community for awhile and while my post count is not super high I end up reading almost everything.

I know a lot of you have dealt with this. If there is any resentment it is towards Porsche for going that extra mile to intimidate.

If they come I am totally prepared to waste some of there money going back and forth. I have access to lawyers too. Even better I don't have to pay for the advise.

I thought its a catchy name. The logo was meant to resemble a side strip. The name and the logo are not what will make of break this site. It will be up to the participants to use the site as their own and make it a success.

Changing the name or logo should not have an impact hopefully. But again it may never be needed. Porsche sent me their list of trademarks and all the legal mumbo around it and all the threatening language. So in essence I did learn (or maybe not) the hard way and this is the second go.

I really do appreciate the feedback. Thanks GT
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 08:23 AM