Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> Car I looked at in Hillsboro - The guy wanted to sell me his 914, Not a bad looking car but problems
Mikey914
post Jan 11 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #1

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

I'm posting this as a courtesy for those who may be looking. The car wil lprobably pop up on Craigslist in a few weeks. I didn't want to put in tthe clasifieds as I don't want to be involved, but did want to post what I saw.

He says it's a 73. The engine has a single carb set up, I couldn't see the bottom stud layout, but only felt 1 bolt so i believe it to be a 2.0.
It has fiberglass flairs, 5 bolt lug set up with 944 wheels. It has a rear deck lid that is cracking loose at the bonded section. The front bumper is not mounted correctly, or at least the gap too far out.
The flairs look good
The interior looks good

Unfortunately-
It appears that there were some plates pop riveted to the floor (probably hiding rust, but at least not a correct repair).

Also from the wheel well there was a section around the battery tray that was replaced and not sealed inside the wheel well. I suspect rust to be hiding in the long and rocker, The reat trunk as the usual rust with some nonstandard repairs.

Seller wanted $6500, but way too many issues for me. He seemed to be flexable, but given the issues at hand I had no desire to counter.
Hope this helps someone
And yes I was stupid and didn't get the VIN.
Items I did note-
Early jack
Late doors
Early seatbelts
Some money was spent on the car, but the execution could have been much better.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:33 PM