Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car I looked at in Hillsboro - The guy wanted to sell me his 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mikey914
I'm posting this as a courtesy for those who may be looking. The car wil lprobably pop up on Craigslist in a few weeks. I didn't want to put in tthe clasifieds as I don't want to be involved, but did want to post what I saw.

He says it's a 73. The engine has a single carb set up, I couldn't see the bottom stud layout, but only felt 1 bolt so i believe it to be a 2.0.
It has fiberglass flairs, 5 bolt lug set up with 944 wheels. It has a rear deck lid that is cracking loose at the bonded section. The front bumper is not mounted correctly, or at least the gap too far out.
The flairs look good
The interior looks good

Unfortunately-
It appears that there were some plates pop riveted to the floor (probably hiding rust, but at least not a correct repair).

Also from the wheel well there was a section around the battery tray that was replaced and not sealed inside the wheel well. I suspect rust to be hiding in the long and rocker, The reat trunk as the usual rust with some nonstandard repairs.

Seller wanted $6500, but way too many issues for me. He seemed to be flexable, but given the issues at hand I had no desire to counter.
Hope this helps someone
And yes I was stupid and didn't get the VIN.
Items I did note-
Early jack
Late doors
Early seatbelts
Some money was spent on the car, but the execution could have been much better.
billh1963
Lots of $$ to get that car right..... dry.gif
wndsnd
OOO... That bad boy is hiding a lot!

sawzall-smiley.gif

welder.gif

sawzall-smiley.gif

welder.gif

stromberg.gif

sawzall-smiley.gif

welder.gif
ConeDodger
Those wheels belong back on the 944S2 they were taken from... dry.gif
JawjaPorsche
There are too many good 914's out there to spend money on than this one.
type47
Single carb? That looks like a 2L D-Jet intake.... confused24.gif Also looks like an MPS on the side wall in the back of the pic... and an ECU in the battery tray pic... idea.gif
vitaminC
Nice plate sunglasses.gif
914werke
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 11 2013, 11:14 AM) *

Single carb? That looks like a 2L D-Jet intake.... confused24.gif Also looks like an MPS on the side wall in the back of the pic... and an ECU in the battery tray pic... idea.gif

agree.gif

but then an early fan housing confused24.gif
billh1963
You are right....FI is present and air cleaner housing is in the rear trunk
BMITCHELL
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 11 2013, 10:32 AM) *

Those are actually 964 C2 wheels.
reharvey
It's not a 73 with that early jack mounted on the inner fender. It's got 1.7 upper engine tin with holes cut out for 2.0 plug locations. Early fan housing and heater blower fan. A real mixed bag of parts from different cars.
Dr Evil
stromberg.gif $$$
Mikey914
Yeah,
too many red flags for me. I did get a call back form the guy to let me know he would take less. I politely passed. No need to antagonize him with what I feel would be a fair offer (parts). He got the car on trade for money owed, looks like he should have done some homework.
I feel bad for the guy, but someone will probably take it in the shorts with this one.
fastfingers
QUOTE(BMITCHELL @ Jan 11 2013, 02:03 PM) *

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 11 2013, 10:32 AM) *

Those are actually 964 C2 wheels.

I had a '91 911 C4 with the same wheels. I think mine had painted crests in the centers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.