Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> need power pack body/door gap adjustment advice
jdlmodelt
post Jan 18 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #21

James D. Lane

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,210
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(jdlmodelt @ Jan 18 2013, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(jdlmodelt @ Jan 18 2013, 10:21 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 18 2013, 08:43 PM) *

QUOTE(charliew @ Jan 17 2013, 09:18 PM) *

I could be wrong but there doesn't look like enough total door gap to get that straight but maybeso.

I was observing the same thing but until you get back away from the car a little with the camera it will be hard to confirm. Sometimes guys cut the quarter panel to do repairs and weld the outer panel on out of place. But were all just guessing until someone with skills get's eyeballs and a tape on the car. Looks like a nice paint job though.

Its unfortunate that the body work was botched because the paint job is nearly flawless. I will work to get some accurate measurements this weekend. I can tell there is a very small amount of filler on the rear quarter near the bottom of the door but I don't think there is enough there to account for the lack of gap between the door and the quarter panel.

I did talk to the PO this week and he said he sent it off to a Pro body shop and the senior body guy did all the body work and paint job. I can tell he replaced the jack mount on both sides as well as the stiffeners on both sides around the rear suspension. I would have thought that some one with that level of competency and going to that extent of repairs would have known that he needed to be very careful and meticulous with a unibody. I still haven't heard back from my own body guy about his access to body straightening equipment.
James

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jan 18 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #22

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

IMHO the door needs to be loosend up and adjusted first. It's low in the rear, and is a touch high in the front. That right there is throwing any real issues off
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 19 2013, 12:10 AM
Post #23

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Now tell me what

(h) on the passenger side is ----->

(f) on the passenger side is ------>

(x) from the right and left crossover------>

Check the dimensions listed for these measurements and take your time to get them right. Use a metric tape measure. No measurement can be 3mm out of spec. That's three thicknesses of a dime. That's max tolerence in any direction.

http://www.914world.com/specs/bodydims.php
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Jan 19 2013, 08:21 AM
Post #24

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

good painter , not so good rust repair.

Basically you will have to repair the repair (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 07:24 AM