Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> plenum removal, '76 2.0
MarkG
post Nov 11 2004, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,102

Is it held on with bolts that go through the 2 tubes either side of the TB? If so, what size bolts or are they screws? How to remove them/plenum?

I have an air leak somewhere and want to remove the plenum to check it's sealing.

New: TB, TPS, CHT, MPS, injectors, FP regulator, FI points, dizzy breaker plate, cap rotor coil wires and plugs, manifold boots and gaskets and vacuum hoses.

STILL wont idle for long, hunts and dies ......just like BEFORE I replaced all the above.... close to $2K in parts....carbs looking MIGHTY nice at this point now that Colorado is dropping emission tests......
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2-OH!
post Nov 11 2004, 02:07 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,253

Mark:

Before you go that far...I had the same problem, All I did (after 2 cans of spraying the entire engine bay for vacuum leaks) was unplug the temperature sensor on top of the plenum. It was bad...All my hunting and Idle problems went away...

2-OH!
+Quote Post
MarkG
post Nov 11 2004, 04:36 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,102

cool will give it a try;

in all honesty I still have some routine things to check, and I still may be a bit off on the static timing. It does run strong while running though and I don't anticipate too much more work until it runs right.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Nov 11 2004, 04:52 PM
Post #4

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Vacuum leaks will cause a high idle. Hunting for idle could be a misadjusted CO level, but the tps must be adjusted properly for the co button to make much difference. A new tps should still be adjusted.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 06:07 AM