Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: plenum removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MarkG
Is it held on with bolts that go through the 2 tubes either side of the TB? If so, what size bolts or are they screws? How to remove them/plenum?

I have an air leak somewhere and want to remove the plenum to check it's sealing.

New: TB, TPS, CHT, MPS, injectors, FP regulator, FI points, dizzy breaker plate, cap rotor coil wires and plugs, manifold boots and gaskets and vacuum hoses.

STILL wont idle for long, hunts and dies ......just like BEFORE I replaced all the above.... close to $2K in parts....carbs looking MIGHTY nice at this point now that Colorado is dropping emission tests......
2-OH!
Mark:

Before you go that far...I had the same problem, All I did (after 2 cans of spraying the entire engine bay for vacuum leaks) was unplug the temperature sensor on top of the plenum. It was bad...All my hunting and Idle problems went away...

2-OH!
MarkG
cool will give it a try;

in all honesty I still have some routine things to check, and I still may be a bit off on the static timing. It does run strong while running though and I don't anticipate too much more work until it runs right.
TheCabinetmaker
Vacuum leaks will cause a high idle. Hunting for idle could be a misadjusted CO level, but the tps must be adjusted properly for the co button to make much difference. A new tps should still be adjusted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.