Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Why noise & what brakes?, Sporadic noise form brakes
RonD
post Jan 23 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #1

Ron Diederichsen

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,286
Region Association: None

Aquired this incomplete project car with this front end set-up. What brakes and struts are these? "A" claipers and boge struts?

My problem is that I sometimes get a loud brakes sticking noise. It seems to occur after the car has been driven awhile and when I go around a sweeper type turn. The noise level depends on the speed. Very loud at 60mph, a slight squeek at 10mph. When I touch the brakes it goes away. If I stomp on the brakes it seems to right it self and stop the noise until it decides to do it again. Another words it doesn't happen on every sweeping left or right turn. I can fly up a canyon road and it won't do it at all. But then make a very gentle sweeping turn and it kicks in.

This last Sunday, I took the pads out, cleaned everything up, applied anti-squel brake grease, checked and slightly tightened the front bearing nut. The brakes work great, solid pedal good feel no squeaking. But after a test drive it did it again. Is it a bad bearing? Brake piston sticking? Anyone have a similar experience.

I took this picture last night after a drive and it kicked in just as I was turing in to my street and garage. Note the marks on the rotor. Didn't notice that Sunday and you can not feel it. Just visual.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:32 AM