Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche suspension, The new stuff really works
Randal
post Feb 7 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

Talk about suspension that works. Pretty amazing IMHO. Makes the high speed corners, when the car is under duress, seem almost easy, when in fact any tiny error at those speeds would be very ugly. And I think those are street tires. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqa8MFSXZHM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Woody
post Feb 7 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Member No.: 12,530
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 7 2013, 12:57 PM) *

Talk about suspension that works. Pretty amazing IMHO. Makes the high speed corners, when the car is under duress, seem almost easy, when in fact any tiny error at those speeds would be very ugly. And I think those are street tires. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Damn, that is impressive. It's a shame they wont put that suspension on a Cayman.
+Quote Post
Randal
post Feb 7 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(Woody @ Feb 7 2013, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 7 2013, 12:57 PM) *

Damn, that is impressive. It's a shame they wont put that suspension on a Cayman.

Now that car would kick some serious butt.

I've had students at our Autox school that have new Porsches and it just blows you away how well the cars handle. Like you take a student into a corner way too fast expecting to upset the car and have a teaching experience.. and the car just squirts through.
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post Feb 7 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #4

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

the new stuff does handle insanely well - whenever I am on the track with Porsche Cup cars I am always taken aback when I *think* I went deep and hard into a turn and then they pass me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) The car doesn't even look like it is leaning or working at all, instead looks like the driver is on a nice stroll around the track.

Last year I was heading down the straight at the local track and a guy in a World Challenge car rolled right along with me, I hit the brakes, and while my car was squirming to slow down, he just shot right by, hadn't touched the brakes at all, scrubbed speed off with completely stable braking, then proceeded to just drive through the turn faster than I could, and I was on the line (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Freakin' awesome.
+Quote Post
Woody
post Feb 7 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #5

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Member No.: 12,530

I have some track time in a few of the newer cars. It's amazing the lack of talent required to drive one of these things. I could purposely overcook an entry, feel the back end start to step out and without any input let the computer take over and literally plant the car. Then you just keep steering and roll on the throttle as much as you want. The computer wont let you over do it. The tires sure complain a bunch but just hammer down and let the car track out until your out of the corner.
+Quote Post
Sawfish
post Feb 7 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 9,990

Interesting but hard to tell whether or not its an impressive lap without a time....Like the driver quits on the last straight and the video is done.

Without a time its hard to say how great it is.
+Quote Post
ww914
post Feb 8 2013, 08:58 AM
Post #7

914 Convert

Member No.: 13,621
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Sawfish @ Feb 7 2013, 07:53 PM) *

Interesting but hard to tell whether or not its an impressive lap without a time....Like the driver quits on the last straight and the video is done.

Without a time its hard to say how great it is.

...and you wonder if the video is really at normal speed. In any case, fun to watch.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 01:01 PM