Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1975 1.8 L-jet Idle Problems Solved, Rough Idle Problem Solution
jesiv
post Feb 10 2013, 10:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,975
Region Association: Northern California

I thought I would share a eureka moment specifically with all L-jet owners and of course all 914 owners. Since I purchased my latest 914 six years ago, I have been unable to get a steady idle. I replace every hose, gasket, tried a known good Air Flow meter, even toyed with the idea of replacing the harness and spent $2000 at HPH. All to no avail…
So this weekend, while reparing my leaking fuel injector elbow lines, I replaced all my engine compartment fuel lines and while I was there, I also replaced the fuel injector O-rings. Well guess what!! My car idles perfectly!!! While, I am sure all the before mentioned work was needed. It appears the injector O-rings where causing the extremely rough idle (surging between almost dying to 500 rpm. Now it just purrs at a steady 800 rpm!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
Lesson learned! Replacing $2.00 injector O-rings is cheap, easy and could pay big rewards!
Hope this helps someone
Regards,
James
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 01:16 AM