Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 1.8 L-jet Idle Problems Solved
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
I thought I would share a eureka moment specifically with all L-jet owners and of course all 914 owners. Since I purchased my latest 914 six years ago, I have been unable to get a steady idle. I replace every hose, gasket, tried a known good Air Flow meter, even toyed with the idea of replacing the harness and spent $2000 at HPH. All to no avail…
So this weekend, while reparing my leaking fuel injector elbow lines, I replaced all my engine compartment fuel lines and while I was there, I also replaced the fuel injector O-rings. Well guess what!! My car idles perfectly!!! While, I am sure all the before mentioned work was needed. It appears the injector O-rings where causing the extremely rough idle (surging between almost dying to 500 rpm. Now it just purrs at a steady 800 rpm!! piratenanner.gif
Lesson learned! Replacing $2.00 injector O-rings is cheap, easy and could pay big rewards!
Hope this helps someone
Regards,
James
rhodyguy
cheer.gif . good work. didn't take very long either did it? happy motorvating.
jim_hoyland
piratenanner.gif Nice work and thanks for sharing ! smile.gif As an L-Jet owner, I'll remember thhis one.
timothy_nd28
Glad you didn't wave the white flag and slapped on some carbs! beerchug.gif
MartyYeoman
Good going James!! smilie_pokal.gif
FourBlades

Thanks for sharing that. driving.gif

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.