Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Silicone Spray is Gold!, That's Gold, Jerry.....Gold
JawjaPorsche
post Feb 12 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,351
Region Association: South East States

Last year, my passenger side window/sail seal was pretty much fried. I got a Genuine PorscheĀ® Part replacement.

I tried to put it on and had no success. I took it to a car glass shop and the expert took over 40 minutes to get it to fit right as I watched. (He did not charge me extra for watching!)

I bought new Sail Vinyl from Mark at 914Rubber in November and had been balking about taking off the rubber seal to replace the vinyl.

It has been a rainy period this week so I decided to tackle the job in my garage. Getting off the rubber seal was not easy with my plastic tools but I finally got it off. I said to myself, crap it is going to a bitch to put back on. But I took my silicone spray which has a straw and sprayed the rubber seal channels every hour or so.

When it came time to reinstall the seal, it was very easy! Silicone saved the day! Lubricant has many uses!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

How to replace your sail vinyl: http://76.162.11.251/tuck/sailvinyl.htm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 12:02 AM