Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silicone Spray is Gold!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
Last year, my passenger side window/sail seal was pretty much fried. I got a Genuine PorscheĀ® Part replacement.

I tried to put it on and had no success. I took it to a car glass shop and the expert took over 40 minutes to get it to fit right as I watched. (He did not charge me extra for watching!)

I bought new Sail Vinyl from Mark at 914Rubber in November and had been balking about taking off the rubber seal to replace the vinyl.

It has been a rainy period this week so I decided to tackle the job in my garage. Getting off the rubber seal was not easy with my plastic tools but I finally got it off. I said to myself, crap it is going to a bitch to put back on. But I took my silicone spray which has a straw and sprayed the rubber seal channels every hour or so.

When it came time to reinstall the seal, it was very easy! Silicone saved the day! Lubricant has many uses!

beerchug.gif

How to replace your sail vinyl: http://76.162.11.251/tuck/sailvinyl.htm
ArtechnikA
It's also death on oxygen sensors and will lie in wait to contaminate a paint job, so be careful _where_ you use it !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.