Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need suggestions on restortion on my poor 914, Is there a reputable place in the Bay Area or Sacto area?
longlegs
post Feb 13 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,520
Region Association: None

Here is short question: Is there a reputable place to get my old 914 running and possible full restoration?

history: I bought the car (2.0 liter, 1974 special appt. group) in 1980 with 24,000 miles.
Drove it until about 1985. It OD had about 88,000 My Dad did all the work on it and had manuals with his notes.
Car sat through two kids and a move to Lake County. It ran briefly aout 6 years ago...actually went down the road on it's own power. Engine had an oil leak and brakes were spongy...sigh.

A local VW bug guy encouraged my son and husband to buy a rebuilt engine,which they did and installed. But they could never get the fuel injectors to work. The car was towed to a local VW shop where it sat in the ran and sun for TWO YEARS!!!
The shop lost the manuals.

The poor car is in out back field tarped and on blocks. It is too painful to contenplate the now slightly rusting hood, cracked dash, etc.

I am willing to either sell the poor thing or shell out the bucks for a restoration. The car was the metallic slate blue. Medspray ruined the paint early on, so it had a repaint job.

Can anyone reccomend a good 914 restoration shop? If not that, I am wondering what the car is worth in terms of selling it. Orignal upholstery, carpets, roof, etc.
Thanks,
Karen Sullivan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:03 AM