Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lug bolts are stuck, dis-assembled in the wrong order
malcolm2
post Feb 15 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

I am sure this has happened because of my A.D.D. This car needs so much work, I have been jumping around from area to area and I had no need to remove the left front wheel during my renovation until this week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

I can only get two of the 4 bolts loose. The master cylinder is out of the car so I have no brakes to help hold the wheel. I have an impact wrench that has helped get 2 off, but these last two are really on there.
I have a 4 foot pipe on my wrench and there is just not enough weight on the tire. The tire just spins. If I could come up with a way to lock the wheel I might be ok. Otherwise, I am using propane to heat the head of the bolt and Blaster and other sprays break them loosen.

I spray and leave it during the day. Then after work I have been putting the torch on the head of the bolt and holding it for 3 to 5 minutes. I let it cool down and try the impact wrench. Spray, work on something else and then try again.

Anyone had any other ideas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 12:40 AM