Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Looking at car with NO heat exchangers., No heat exchangers = overheat?
shawnshawn99
post Mar 3 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,594
Region Association: Canada

I'm looking to buy a 914. Seller has indicated there is only 1 heat exchanger and it is disconnected, because they 'only drive in summer'.

I hate cars without heat - even summer nights are chilly - and maybe I want to drive in the fall? But more importantly - doesn't the heat exchanger remove heat from the engine & help keep it cooler? (It's just our choice we sometimes redirect this heat into the cabin for comfort?).

I'm sure I had this problem on a Beetle years ago - it had no heater boxes, same story, 'I only drive it in the summer!' and then the Beetle kept overheating & blowing engines.

I would never buy a Beetle without heater boxes again - I don't know about heat exchangers (same thing?) on 914s. Don't know if its the same deal. Should I stay away from this car? I don't like overheating! Blown, warped engines & tow trucks make me grumpy.

Anybody out there regularly driving their 914 without HEs on hot days for long stretches?

A newbie to 914s, any help appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:29 PM