Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Triad West Performance, Awesome!
scott_in_nh
post Mar 4 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,471
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(audio_file @ Mar 4 2013, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(audio_file @ Mar 4 2013, 06:25 AM) *

I'm not mentioning specific names because I don't want to say anything bad about the other product, I don't own it, so I have no ground to besmirch it (or compliment it). I don't know the other guy, and as I've said, he seems very helpful in other regards here on the world...

Chris

Yep, theres the second time I said this same thing in my posts ^^

All I've done is GUESS at the reason why anyone would feel the need to make comments about a product THEY don't even consider a competitor.... then RacerChris posted his answer, and here we are!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Chris

Not trying to make a big deal out of it Chris, but since you don't agree with my point:

All I can figure is that he must be so frustrated trying to explain to someone why on earth they need to spend twice the money for his product, that he's resorted to "mud slinging"... .

The mud slung was by you...

What Chris posted was his opinion based on experience with both his and their system. Everybody but you and your new friends see it that way.

There is enough market for both and they do compete, but are selected for different reasons - none of which IMO are absolute HP.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
audio_file
post Mar 4 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 13,409
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Mar 4 2013, 01:55 PM) *

QUOTE(audio_file @ Mar 4 2013, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(audio_file @ Mar 4 2013, 06:25 AM) *

I'm not mentioning specific names because I don't want to say anything bad about the other product, I don't own it, so I have no ground to besmirch it (or compliment it). I don't know the other guy, and as I've said, he seems very helpful in other regards here on the world...

Chris

Yep, theres the second time I said this same thing in my posts ^^

All I've done is GUESS at the reason why anyone would feel the need to make comments about a product THEY don't even consider a competitor.... then RacerChris posted his answer, and here we are!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Chris

Not trying to make a big deal out of it Chris, but since you don't agree with my point:

All I can figure is that he must be so frustrated trying to explain to someone why on earth they need to spend twice the money for his product, that he's resorted to "mud slinging"... .

The mud slung was by you...

What Chris posted was his opinion based on experience with both his and their system. Everybody but you and your new friends see it that way.

There is enough market for both and they do compete, but are selected for different reasons - none of which IMO are absolute HP.

No offense meant or taken Scott! I like a healthy debate more than most, and I'm also fine admitting when I'm "less correct" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Thats proving to be a pretty controversial statement by me. It was a guess at the real reason anyone would make those comments about someone who'd never said a bad word about them. Call it my opinion on tangerine's sales practices (which I have years of qualifications to base on), much like his comments were his qualified opinion about a "competitor's" product. THERE, now we're both less correct (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 4 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #23

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have got a triad. Recently restored and 02 sensor added.
Its a really nice muffler. Well built and sturdy, and better then any of the mufflers I have seen for heat exchangers. I am very happy Igot it.

I'd drop it like a hot rock if I was handed one of Chris' systems. It is a night and day difference when you can look at both close up.

I'm not aware of the specific comments made. That said, Chris has good reason to be proud of his work. Its the best I have seen for a T4, and I have seen quite a few at this point. Even his "econo" header systems are works of art.
+Quote Post
audio_file
post Mar 4 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #24

@Zach; now THAT is a well made point about the difference between these two products, much more useful and effective than

"We had one of those in our shop recently too. There isn't anything I liked about it.
IMO they're fugly, loud, and mediocre design. YMMV"

One last thing and then I'll let this horse die. Zach builds some beautiful stuff himself in his extra time (I own one of his shift knobs, so I'm QUALIFIED to make this statement (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) I don't recall EVER hearing him make disparaging comments about any other knob or pen manufacturers, and he also "has good reason to be proud of his work". Why? Because its not necessary for a true craftsman, his work speaks for itself.

Chris
+Quote Post
scott_in_nh
post Mar 4 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #25

FWIW I think it is awesome that Dave and Eric gave you great customer service and you are loving the product too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Mar 4 2013, 06:54 PM
Post #26

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Mar 4 2013, 04:49 PM) *

FWIW I think it is awesome that Dave and Eric gave you great customer service and you are loving the product too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
I wish all businesses operated that way. These days it seems like there are fewer stories like this.... To the point we want to start a thread and give some kudos.

I've only heard great things about Triad.

+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Mar 4 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

This still sounds like a chance to grandstand and start a ruckus for no real good reason. Let the vendors advertise and defend their products as they choose. If you like one of their products, just say so. No need to drag negative comments in. Obviously each has their own intended market.
+Quote Post
scott_in_nh
post Mar 4 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 4 2013, 07:58 PM) *

If you like one of their products, just say so. No need to drag negative comments in.

+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Mar 4 2013, 07:47 PM
Post #29

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

IBTL

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 4 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #30

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

I think you need to consider that the almost universal opinion is that you are the one throwing mud. Chris is entitled to his opinion and this is a forum, meaning a place to express his opinion. Throw in that on this subject, his opinion is more than just a little 'educated.'

You cannot even begin to compare the two systems as one is complete and the other just bolts to heat exchangers. Sound is an esthetic, what one person thinks is music, another will find obnoxious. Specifically, Chris is entitled to find the triad sound obnoxious without being accused of mudslinging. I think it does a great job of being a quality built economy muffler, but I don't like the sound and I don't think it does a thing for performance.

I doubt they really appreciate you throwing mud at Chris either. I'd bet they thought that conversation was in confidence...
+Quote Post
audio_file
post Mar 4 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #31

Look. I'm willing to let this thing drift peacefully into the sunset, but if you want to keep swinging at me after I've already signed off, I'll come back at you.

Racer Chris feels the need to talk trash about Triad (for whatever reason, I don't really give a rats a$$ what his deal is) which is unfortunate and pissed me off. I've got a right to my opinion, and its no less valid just becase I'm "the only one" with it! Now, you can leave this be, or I can continue as long as the mods will allow it... you decide.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 4 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #32

Apex killer!

QUOTE(audio_file @ Mar 4 2013, 07:06 PM) *

Look. I'm willing to let this thing drift peacefully into the sunset, but if you want to keep swinging at me after I've already signed off, I'll come back at you.

Racer Chris feels the need to talk trash about Triad (for whatever reason, I don't really give a rats a$$ what his deal is) which is unfortunate and pissed me off. I've got a right to my opinion, and its no less valid just becase I'm "the only one" with it! Now, you can leave this be, or I can continue as long as the mods will allow it... you decide.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

Ok, so you don't give a rats ass but it pisses you off. Makes sense. Well, ok, no it doesn't. I've only responded to this thread twice so I'd hardly call it swinging at you.
+Quote Post
Rand
post Mar 4 2013, 09:43 PM
Post #33

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Dudes, WTF? Drop the crap and remember the positive: Triad has good stuff, and they did right. Huge props to Dave and Eric for the way they treat their customers.
Tangerine is top notch and Chris is a good guy too. No need to keep propagating the other BS that oozed out of this.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
audio_file
post Mar 4 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 4 2013, 05:55 AM) *

Repeatedly?

I guess I've never noticed Chris ever even mention Triad. The two are entirely different products intended for different markets. So I guess your real purpose in posting this is to chastise Chris for something you perceive him to be doing? Is he not allowed to speak of them? I don't get it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) if there wasn't a problem, there is now...

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 4 2013, 06:34 PM) *

I think you need to consider that the almost universal opinion is that you are the one throwing mud. Chris is entitled to his opinion and this is a forum, meaning a place to express his opinion. Throw in that on this subject, his opinion is more than just a little 'educated.'

You cannot even begin to compare the two systems as one is complete and the other just bolts to heat exchangers. Sound is an esthetic, what one person thinks is music, another will find obnoxious. Specifically, Chris is entitled to find the triad sound obnoxious without being accused of mudslinging. I think it does a great job of being a quality built economy muffler, but I don't like the sound and I don't think it does a thing for performance.

I doubt they really appreciate you throwing mud at Chris either. I'd bet they thought that conversation was in confidence...

Your two "non swinging" posts.
Now, I'll explain this AGAIN to you, using small words you may find easier to understand:

1)Triad guys aren't happy with Chris' attitude towards their product, they know I'm voicing my opinion, which may or may not be different in strength and tone from their own. They are more than welcome to tell me to shut up whenever they like.

2)Chris didn't make comments only about sound, if you'll go ahead and use that search function I tried to help you with earlier you'll see that. I don't care what his motivation may be, but it pissed me off none the less (did I lose you there conedodger??)

3)This thread isn't about what YOU think of the Triad product, as I don't care what YOU think of their product. Fact is, they DO sell a full exhaust system, as Rand pointed out, and they DO show basic dyno results of their unit versus several others on their webpage www.triadwestperformance.com/ and, wow, even though YOU don't think there's any improvement, the dyno says there is.

4) I love the service and product provided to me at Triad West Performance, and I appreciate and support their decision not to get involved in the kind of b.s. that I've noted their competitor participating in.
That is all.

+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 4 2013, 09:54 PM
Post #35

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

Ahhhh... It's been too long since we had a drama thread.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-419-1168977313.jpg)

Triad is great. Tangerine Racing is great. Done deal.
+Quote Post
Black22
post Mar 4 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 8,290

WOW! No dog in this fight, (I've ALWAYS wanted to say that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)), but all I can say is that you started the thread that was positive and then had to bring up a "nameless" vendor and take an unwarranted jab at him. Whether you think you did that or not, you did.

You ARE entitled to your opinion, but it appears to me you are starting to bear a striking resemblance to your avatar with your latest comments.

IBTL! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 4 2013, 10:00 PM
Post #37

Apex killer!

QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 4 2013, 07:54 PM) *

Now Mark, he did say 'that is all.' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) and, he knows me well enough to imply not so subtly that I am some kind of an idiot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
audio_file
post Mar 4 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 4 2013, 07:54 PM) *

and @black22, didn't anyone tell you that was my self portrait?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
Woody
post Mar 4 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #39

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Member No.: 12,530
Region Association: Southwest Region

Attached Image
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Mar 4 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Woody @ Mar 4 2013, 11:02 PM) *

Attached Image

Love that!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:49 PM