Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Triad West Performance, Awesome!
Black22
post Mar 4 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,290
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(audio_file @ Mar 4 2013, 08:01 PM) *

and @black22, didn't anyone tell you that was my self portrait?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Glad you have a good sense of humor audio file! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ww914
post Mar 5 2013, 08:39 AM
Post #42

914 Convert

Member No.: 13,621
Region Association: Central California

Bottom line audio file, you have to ask yourself if you think your rant has done anyone any good? Me personally, I doubt that you have swayed anyone's opinion of either product. It certainly would have been more beneficial if you had just given Triad the credit they deserved and let the rest go. I must say, I had to look at the Tangerine exhaust system again, and found it awesome again. I guess you did spark some interest in that respect.
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Mar 5 2013, 09:24 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 12,594
Region Association: Northern California

After reading this I didn't want to take sides............so I bought a Bursch.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

You guys are silly!

Jeff
+Quote Post
OU8AVW
post Mar 5 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #44

Yacht Rigger

Member No.: 9,601
Region Association: Southwest Region

When I get around to installing my Triad I'll post the valance modification so everyone can check it out. The described method is as I imagined. Can I assume that at least one exhaust exit will fit into the existing cut out?

I bought my Triad as an almost new second hand unit. My heat exchangers are the 75-76 style. I understand that this is another ball of wax entirely. But, it's what I have and they are in super perfecto shape so I'll rock them until they fall off.
+Quote Post
ww914
post Mar 5 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #45

914 Convert

Member No.: 13,621
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Mar 5 2013, 07:32 AM) *

When I get around to installing my Triad I'll post the valance modification so everyone can check it out. The described method is as I imagined. Can I assume that at least one exhaust exit will fit into the existing cut out?

I bought my Triad as an almost new second hand unit. My heat exchangers are the 75-76 style. I understand that this is another ball of wax entirely. But, it's what I have and they are in super perfecto shape so I'll rock them until they fall off.

Mike, I have some photos of the way I did it. If you want to see them, I will post later on another thread.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Mar 5 2013, 09:57 AM
Post #46

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

QUOTE(ww914 @ Mar 5 2013, 06:39 AM) *

Bottom line audio file, you have to ask yourself if you think your rant has done anyone any good? Me personally, I doubt that you have swayed anyone's opinion of either product. It certainly would have been more beneficial if you had just given Triad the credit they deserved and let the rest go. I must say, I had to look at the Tangerine exhaust system again, and found it awesome again. I guess you did spark some interest in that respect.

I've read the initial post numerous times and don't think it comes anywhere close to a "rant", although subsequent posters turned it into that. Audio file wouldn't even name the "competitor" til after the "competitor" posted in the thread. Audio file simply posted his positive results with Triad and expressed confusion at the derogatory comments a competitor had expressed about Triad's product.

I have no dog in this fight and have a large measure of respect for both vendors based on 1st person recommendations from customers of both.

Bottom line, as you put it, is that IMO audio file did nothing wrong and has been unfairly maligned in a thread that third parties spiraled into a bash fest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Mar 5 2013, 10:09 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have no dog in this fight and have a large measure of respect for both vendors based on 1st person recommendations from customers of both.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) You nailed it with this line Marc. Both make GREAT products. Both have been very good to the community. The 914world wouldn't be the same without them. It's all good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Mar 5 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Mar 5 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #49

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

Fuch this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) , I will settle this once and for all. Now, BOTH of you vendors send me one of your best set ups, I will install each of them on one of my cars and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) out of both of them until either the exhaust system or the car falls apart. Once this happens, I will report back my experiences with both systems and the DRAMATIC misunderstanding will be settled for good. Now get those exhaust systems in the mail ASAP so the testing can begin.

Shoe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
dlestep
post Mar 5 2013, 10:30 PM
Post #50

I am smilin'...

Member No.: 8,573
Region Association: South East States

I haven't been on in awhile. I've been working on my daughter's Ghia.
This guy from Washington is a pain in the ass. His discussion is not about exhaust systems, but "his bull shit right to spout-off."
His pussy hurts because no one responded with "holy shit, you are SO awesome."
I do have to say, his choice of avatars is "spot-on," because he does have his head up his ass.

+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Mar 5 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #51

on ramp passer

QUOTE(dlestep @ Mar 5 2013, 10:30 PM) *

I haven't been on in awhile. I've been working on my daughter's Ghia.
This guy from Washington is a pain in the ass. His discussion is not about exhaust systems, but "his bull shit right to spout-off."
I do have to say, his choice of avatars is "spot-on," because he does have his head up his ass.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Black22
post Mar 5 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 8,290

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 5 2013, 08:04 PM) *

Fuch this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) , I will settle this once and for all. Now, BOTH of you vendors send me one of your best set ups, I will install each of them on one of my cars and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) out of both of them until either the exhaust system or the car falls apart. Once this happens, I will report back my experiences with both systems and the DRAMATIC misunderstanding will be settled for good. Now get those exhaust systems in the mail ASAP so the testing can begin.

I like where you are going with this, but this should be a DOUBLE blind test. The vendors should deliver AND install the systems on both of our cars w/o our knowledge. THEN we drive the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) out of them and report back!

I will give my address to the first vendor that PM's me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Kaduku
post Mar 5 2013, 11:46 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 15,324

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 5 2013, 08:04 PM) *

Now thats funny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

+Quote Post
audio_file
post Mar 6 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 13,409

QUOTE(dlestep @ Mar 5 2013, 08:30 PM) *

No shit? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Are you volunteering, because that would be fabulous!
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Mar 6 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #55

on ramp passer

The vendors should deliver AND install the systems on both of our cars while we drink lots of beer.. THEN we drive the out of them and report back!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Mar 6 2013, 02:28 AM
Post #56

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Black22 @ Mar 4 2013, 07:58 PM) *
... You ARE entitled to your opinion, but it appears to me you are starting to bear a striking resemblance to your avatar with your latest comments. IBTL! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like Triads, even though I had to install it myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

The first one I ever heard was on Howard's 'Suzi' and I liked the growl it produced. If I had the extra $ to throw around, I'd probably try a different system that's a little quieter. It does get a little noisy on a long drive.

The passenger side cut-out on the rear valance wasn't too difficult, but it was a lot easier to do when it was off the car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Mar 6 2013, 07:16 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 6 2013, 12:30 AM) *

The vendors should deliver AND install the systems on both of our cars while we drink lots of beer.. THEN we drive the out of them and report back!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Nice...right when I start my conversion this comes up...now I have to buy another car for the testing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
rfinegan
post Mar 7 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 15,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My Triad muffler for a 75 1.8 should be ready in a few days, The plusses seem to over take any negatives, I will let you know.... impartial

-Robert
+Quote Post
audio_file
post Mar 7 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 13,409

QUOTE(rfinegan @ Mar 7 2013, 10:10 AM) *

My Triad muffler for a 75 1.8 should be ready in a few days, The plusses seem to over take any negatives, I will let you know.... impartial

-Robert

I'm sure you'll be very happy with your choice, enjoy!
And, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
rfinegan
post Mar 7 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 15,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(rfinegan @ Mar 7 2013, 10:10 AM) *

-Robert

Thanks for the welcome, my first post here but my 2nd 914. I missed my 73 so much I got another 914 almost 15 years latter.... This time its a 75 with 1.8l L jet and only 69 k miles. New daily driverAttached Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:29 PM