Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> D-jetronic pressure sensor
914Pro
post Mar 9 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,266
Region Association: None

I am having trouble with my 72 914, and it is causing it to run way to rich. I think I have pinpointed the problem down to the d-jetronic pressure sensor that is telling the computer to send too much gas to my car. Any help from someone who has had the same problem or anybody who knows anything about this or where I can get a pressure sensor please help. This car is my first and I would do just about anything to keep it going!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Mar 9 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

First off, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

The MPS works with the cylinder head temperature sender to calculate how long to open the injectors. If the CHT is bad or disconnected, the engine will run very rich all the time.

Check the CHT sender for resistance (I think 1000 ohms at room temp) and make sure it's connected ok. It's above cylinder #3 intake tube.

Likewise, if the MPS is leaking air, it will always call for more fuel. Test it with a brake vacuum bleeder pump if you have one. I bought one at Harbor Freight and have gotten a lot of use out of it.
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Mar 9 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #3

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742
Region Association: Southern California

saw your reply in my thread and saw yours, I have one off a running 72 1.7 but its been in a ziploc baggie for a few years. If your trouble shooting with the group leads to it as the most likely cause PM me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 03:27 AM