Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-jetronic pressure sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Pro
I am having trouble with my 72 914, and it is causing it to run way to rich. I think I have pinpointed the problem down to the d-jetronic pressure sensor that is telling the computer to send too much gas to my car. Any help from someone who has had the same problem or anybody who knows anything about this or where I can get a pressure sensor please help. This car is my first and I would do just about anything to keep it going!
Spoke
First off, welcome.png

The MPS works with the cylinder head temperature sender to calculate how long to open the injectors. If the CHT is bad or disconnected, the engine will run very rich all the time.

Check the CHT sender for resistance (I think 1000 ohms at room temp) and make sure it's connected ok. It's above cylinder #3 intake tube.

Likewise, if the MPS is leaking air, it will always call for more fuel. Test it with a brake vacuum bleeder pump if you have one. I bought one at Harbor Freight and have gotten a lot of use out of it.
Socalandy
saw your reply in my thread and saw yours, I have one off a running 72 1.7 but its been in a ziploc baggie for a few years. If your trouble shooting with the group leads to it as the most likely cause PM me smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.