Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NPC - but the "Z" folks might get a kick of of this `86 300ZX ad!, well maybe a very tenuous 914 link!
Tom_T
post Mar 13 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

I know some of you are 240Z & up fans out there (like Rob), and I came across this 1980's Nissan 300ZX magazine ad which I's saved in my portfolio book, when I was shooting some past project pix for my business stuff last week. So I took a couple of extra shots to share here.

Nissan apparently decided they liked this county/city library building to show off their 300ZX, on which I did much of the design for the Ventura County & City of Thousand Oaks Library Systems back in the late 1970's (while with ACMA - Albert C. Martin & Associates in LA/OC), which was completed construction in 85 IIRC - so this ad is sometime after that. I wasn't aware of the ad until I saw it in a magazine, then clipped it for my portfolio.

Attached Image

^ Note their reinforcement of the NISSAN name in the bottom right above, as they were still in the process of re-branding from Datsun in this `86 MY advert.!

Attached Image

Even though this was designed in the `70's-80's - it incorporated a bunch of advanced energy saving features found in buildings getting LEED & other sustainable & energy efficient building certifications today - 30+ years later, and most of the proposed things got into the as-built building - although some did not.

Overall photo shows the full building form the same side for reference of what you're seeing behind the 300Z, which actually has a very tenuous 914 link, in that the roof line's inspiration was the old Ryan/Consolidated Aircraft Plant off I-5 in San Diego where I grew up `63-70.

That plant was the plant that built the actual B24 Liberator that Rob W's Dad flew during WWII that he had posted about a couple of years ago. Of course, Rob has carefully restored his Dad's old 73 914-2.0 Olympic Blue/Black and posted his build pix on here too!

Enjoy!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 14 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Oops -

I just realized I forgot to put the car in the ad's model & MY - so just updated that.

Yeah, woulda been better with a 914 or at least a Porsche, but....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 08:46 AM